Unlimited access >

MB CIVIL SUIT UPDATE #10 K’s Request to Adjourn (delay) DENIED 11/01/22

different view is entirely different than out and out lying, embellishing and posting fantasy as fact. I called you on your “facts” and you don’t like it. Sorry if that is rude to you. I value honesty over sensationalism.

15 Likes

RG didn’t begin working on the house until they returned from FL. The pipes froze and burst before then. That’s when MB made the barter deal.

2 Likes

And you probably won’t. That was just another jab at attempting to blame Michael by stating he turned the gas off (intentionally?).

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure if the heat had been off then the insurance adjuster would have mentioned it when he talked about the claim. He seemed to think it was a standard hazard for a house of that age during winter. The prosecution would have ran with it to make their case as evidence that he shot her to shut her up.

What was very interesting about that piece of testimony is that he said LK never talked to him like she claimed she did in order to suggest to him that MB was attempting to commit insurance fraud.

15 Likes

How do we know his heat is run on gas? That property might have an oil furnace. If I remembered the address, we could check the real estate listing, RE listings indicate the utilities on a property.

Frankly, large properties in the NE tend to not have municipal utilities. They have a well, or several wells, and oil furnaces. Just my thought.

3 Likes

I do not know how the house was heated.

Otherwise, this may be of interest?

7 Likes

That’s the nuts and bolts of the manifesto. I’ve posted the actual text before. I’m pretty sure the accuracy of any given statement is fairly questionable, and that summary is fairly generous about the actual tone the post took.

6 Likes

I don’t think so. I’ve never even heard of it. Lol.

Except LK didn’t have five horses there when she moved in. Didn’t she have just two at that point?

I’m guessing all her other statements are just as accurate.

7 Likes

There are lots of somewhat newly researched genes in regards to taste.

One of them is the intense bitterness of cruciferous plants like broccoli.

Cilantro and whether it tastes like soap or dirt.

Bitterness instead of sweet from sugar substitutes.

Quite fascinating.

5 Likes

As someone who has dealt with pipes breaking (28 1/2 years in our Department of Public Works, including 3 years as the Water Maintenance clerk), here are some thoughts:

1. Yes, MB MIGHT not have paid a gas bill. But where I live, the gas company has a policy NOT to turn “heat” off during the winter months for the VERY reason that pipes might break. It is considered inhumane to do so, too. More than 25 years ago, the gas company DID turn the gas/heat off for non-payment during winters, but with the subsequent pipes freezing/breaking and more importantly people (meaning CHILDREN) left in the cold, the gas company changed its policy. You could have an unpaid gas bill of hundreds of dollars, but your gas won’t be turned off until the spring. I can’t say what the gas company’s policy is where MB’s farm is.

2. Seeing that it’s a FARM, is it possible that the heat was propane? In that case, it would be more like the propane would have run out, not that it was ‘turned off.’ I had a friend with propane, and you did not get a monthly bill. You paid for it up front, filling up the tank. The propane company doesn’t want to supply you with a full tank and then not get paid. I would think that the same would apply to oil. It’s POSSIBLE that gas lines might go out that far. I’m just trying to think of some plausible possibilities.

3. A lot of our residents here are “snowbirds” who winter in warmer climes (Florida, Arizona, etc.). Some choose to turn the heat/gas off while they are gone. If they do so, they need to “winterize” their water pipes, meaning drain them completely and adding antifreeze. Since it’s not QUITE as simple as that, many people hire plumber$ to do this for them. They have to contact our Water Department, too, so that the water to the house is turned off at the street.

Some people don’t want to pay the money that plumber$ co$t to winterize. They choose, instead, to lower the heat in their house to a temperature where the pipes won’t freeze, leaving the heat on the entire time they are gone. Sometimes the cost for paying for that heat/gas is about equal to hiring a plumber to do the work. The advantage to leaving the heat on is that when they come home, they can have water instantly. They don’t have to schedule an appointment to have the water turned on. (Someone MUST be inside the house JUST in case a water pipe breaks/leaks due to the sudden onrush of water.) Sometimes people forget to call the Water Department and get home ‘after hours’ or on weekends. Appointments are almost NEVER done the SAME day.

1. It has happened that someone has left a window open during cold weather, and pipes broke. (We had a resident who left a basement window open MORE than once. :roll_eyes: )

2. Another possibility is that a window was deliberately broken. It has happened here, houses being left vacant for an extended amount of time, and some jerk decides that ‘vandalism’ is a fun thing to do.

3. Occasionally, there is a terrible cold snap, and the best prepared people will still experience frozen/broken pipes. (If they are frozen, you can try to use a blow dry to thaw your pipes.) I, myself, have a “half basement.” Half is unfinished, washing machine, dryer, water heater, furnace, and storage space. The other half is just a crawlspace–there is a concrete block wall about 4’ high on that side and then in it, a 3’ space between sand and the floor above. This crawl space is open to my half-basement which means that heat from my furnace can be lost to the crawlspace, and the cold from the crawlspace can come into my basement. I have plywood (and other stuff) blocking about 20’ of the opening but have left a 5’ section of the end ‘open.’ Well, there is a metal mesh fastened all around—I don’t want my cats to use the sand area as a litter box. But it can be removed because the water pipes to my kitchen and bathroom are located in the crawl space and access to them might be needed. Sometimes, it’s REALLY cold in my basement, but I have been lucky not to have had any pipes break due to cold, yet.

4. As someone else stated, maybe work on the internal plumbing was done by ‘someone’ who did a p*sspoor job, causing the pipes to break while everyone was in Florida.

Just my thoughts because of the ‘pipe breaking due to’ comment that was posted.

16 Likes

I’m a super taster (tested) and I love those things!

2 Likes

If everyone could please stop lunging around the furnace, that would be great. Thanks.

7 Likes

It’s cold here so I am just trying to keep warm…

4 Likes

This is the main thing that has always boggled me - LK’s put in writing that she’s got recordings of RC and MB planning to murder her, yet she didn’t take this EVIDENCE to the police or leave the property in fear of her life. This recorded EVIDENCE of pre-meditated murder on a person who was somehow shot twice shortly thereafter hasn’t popped up at all during trial proceedings so far (that I can recall, happy to be corrected though). That is one of the main things, for me, that puts a huge question mark over everything that LK says about anything at all.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 07.31.36

21 Likes

Yes. So the real riddle….if it was planned and RC knew the purposes of the gun was for a murder……is it possible for it to have “gone missing”? Plus, if it was locked in a safe until MB decided to enact a specific plan, could it endanger two kids (that happen to be MHG’s kid’s age) that were not on the property at the time?

5 Likes

I imagine it’s an older house…my sister had a pipe freeze in an upstairs bathroom last winter. In 25 years it had never happened but it was a “perfect storm” of old house, cold snap, wind whipping that side of the house.

11 Likes

I remember growing up leaving the door to the cabinet under the kitchen sink open at night and sometimes putting a table lamp in there just to try to prevent the pipes freezing. We not only kept the thermostat low, the house was old and leaky and you just never know.

I will say, I don’t think that it could possibly have been MB not paying the gas bill. The insurance company would have jumped on that as proof it was his fault/negligence and not paid out. Instead, by all accounts, they paid out a pretty substantial sum.

Insurance company investigations are usually pretty thorough and they can tell if something was a legit accident or caused intentionally or the result of neglect, etc. I trust they looked into the freezing/pipes bursting incident and found it was not MB’s fault in any way.

27 Likes

Only to some people, who seem to think it is all important. At least they bring it up often enough that we can assume they think that.

Didn’t Lauren’s father, Jonathan Kanarek (look, I am intentionally not tagging him just for you, CH), say that was the main problem right in his 48 hours interview?

It is very clear that you do not live anywhere that it freezes for any length of time.
It is not uncommon at all, for a fully heated house to have pipes freeze depending on where they were installed and how good the structures insulation is. Frozen pipes does not in anyway mean no heat.

27 Likes

In case anyone cares, here’s the insurance adjuster’s testimony from the criminal trial, who discusses how perfectly ordinary this claim was and even (I know…it’s surprising) how the house was propane heat, which was in proper working order.

So, I’m not sure at all why anyone is confused about this.

37 Likes