Unlimited access >

MB CIVIL SUIT UPDATE #10 K’s Request to Adjourn (delay) DENIED 11/01/22

ORAL ARGUMENTS SCHEDULED FOR 11/04/2022. (Update 10/28/2022)

Things are getting a little spicy as of late afternoon 10/12/2022.

10/19 Amended Answer and Counterclaim filed by Mr Deininger for Michael Barisone

Ok, it’s not a ton of movement, but it is something. Or a few things.

First, Mr Schellhorn asked for the court to order him to release the forensics on RG, LK, and MB’s phones to SGF, per their subpoena. If you recall, he did the same in reference to the 81 audio recordings.

Second, the Court made entries that they will be deciding the other outstanding motions on 10/21.

So, things are slowly moving along.

I’ll add previous and future filings here as well.

https://portal.njcourts.gov/webcivilcj/CIVILCaseJacketWeb/pages/publicAccessDisclaimer.faces

MB Motion Contempt KK.pdf (786.6 KB)

SGF Motion Contempt JK.pdf (750.1 KB)

SGF Motion Compel LK.pdf (698.9 KB)

Schell Req For Order to SGF’s subpoena .pdf (278.6 KB)

MB letter re JK email.pdf (163.9 KB)

SGF letter re JK email .pdf (202.2 KB)

Nagel response to Schellhorn’s letter.pdf (57.8 KB)

SGF RES Nagel Schell letter.pdf (467.6 KB)

MB Amended Answer and Counter.pdf (6.9 MB) filed 10/19/22

Original suit by LK:

LK Civil Suit.pdf (233.1 KB)

Original Answer/Counter by MB:

MB answer w Counter.pdf (379.2 KB)

LK response to amended counter.pdf (163.4 KB)

MB Res To LK Opp to Amend 103022.pdf (703.7 KB)

LK REQ Adjourn JK KK 10312022.pdf (28.0 KB)

MB Resp 103122.pdf (156.8 KB)

SGF Response 10312022.pdf (203.6 KB)

Req to Adjourn Denied 110122.pdf (51.9 KB)

MB Notice of exhibit 110322.pdf (1.2 MB)

5 day order Schell 110722.pdf (147.8 KB)

39 Likes

Thanks for the update!

LO also updated the GFM account. He is STILL stuck at Ann Klein. It’s egregious.

29 Likes

Thanks @ekat I was going to brave the NJ courts Captcha this week but got distracted by … ugh … meetings at work. LOL

6 Likes

I do not even have words for that. On Wednesday it will be five weeks since the hearing. That seems wrong from where I sit looking at it.

29 Likes

See everyone, like horses and rain.

3 Likes

They were misbehaving today too! I kept doing it, it kept saying accept, then the site would say Application Error! Glad I saved you the trouble!

7 Likes

Thank you for keeping us informed and for fighting with the website for us @ekat!

11 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Ok. I am not particuarly bright…. Why would Shellhorn ask the court to order him to release forensics …? Sorry I don’t understand - why can’t he hand them over? Aren’t both sides meant to release evidence?
Please don’t take my tiara away!

9 Likes

But remember, he’s not a party to the suit, as a prosecutor for the state of NJ. At one point in the criminal suit, all the evidence was put under seal. So, MB had it, state of NJ had it, and now SGF wants it.

Schellhorn, I believe, is just being extra careful to make sure the Court says he can turn it over. He did this with the audio recordings in May, and with the SM posts back before the stay.

You should keep your tiara. It’s lovely!

27 Likes

I wonder if it could be because what they are looking for is 3rd party to the criminal trial and civil suit.

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you for the update, @ekat.

I don’t blame Schellhorn for dotting his i’s and crossing his ts

Ugh! Edited because spell check!

6 Likes

And CYA’ing

9 Likes

I did not understand this either!
Glad you asked.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for the update!

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the delay is due to a lack of space at the facility where MB is headed next? Or are they just arbitrarily keeping him at AK for some reason?

5 Likes

Thanks for the update! The items that will be decided on 10/21, I wonder if they really, really will be decided or if the date comes and goes and nothing gets posted. I hope they make up their minds!

5 Likes

The Go Fund Me update does not say.

4 Likes

I thought LK was supposed to sit for a deposition starting 10/10. Did that happen?

4 Likes