Unlimited access >

MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

No, she said that “apparently a settlement was proposed and failed”.

Exactly. Plus, again, we know no such thing (that LK has demanded a trial). That mediation could have just as easily been LK hoping to settle to avoid moving forward with her suit. I’m not even saying that I think it was or wasn’t. I’m saying, proclaiming absolutes when one has zero information or even idea about what has gone on behind closed doors and where certain parties currently stand, is non-additive speculation, period.

16 Likes

Almost never.

13 Likes

Oh please! Twisting already??? Where does it say SGF attempted to settle?

Perchance little Miss K demanded $2 million and SFG told her where to stick it. Do you have inside information??

26 Likes

Miss-states facts in evidence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes

noooooooooooooooo, settlement negotiations took place which included SGF and Plaintiff. They were unable to resolve the case.

It says NOTHING about SGF attempting to settle.

22 Likes

No. It is confidential. But the parties involved know what was said, and if they see anything in the SM that perks their ears and raises their eyebrows they might go explore that.

11 Likes

IANAL, but the impression I get from all the recent filings is that LK is “stuck” in her own lawsuit at this point. There are big risks if she goes forward with it, including for her parents… but she is unwilling to fold on any aspect of it yet. Sooooo… she’s trying to delay and ignore things.

She won’t be able to do this indefinitely…

Any other updates yet on a Krol hearing for MB?

12 Likes

What? A civil suit is settled by a trial in civil court, and her initial filing requested jury trial.

It is hardly speculation to say that LK has filed a civil suit. We have all the court filings.

It’s not speculation, whether of the additive or non-additive variety.

Did you stop reading and ask this question because that is answered in the very next line of that very short post. Here is a screen shot with that next line highlighted for you.
(note I did a screen shot so I would not have a multi-level quote since we were asked not to do that by the moderation.)

15 Likes

Most civil suits are settled before trial even begins.
https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/resources/law_related_education_network/how_courts_work/cases_settling/#:~:text=Most%20civil%20cases%20are%20settled,after%20a%20verdict%20is%20rendered.

7 Likes

It was Ekat who said that apparently ”a settlement was proposed and failed” as her interpretation of the unsuccessful mediation.

Why do you keep asking whether I have inside information?
The answer is no.

Well, this was your response to @ekat -

Oh, so SGF attempted to settle? Interesting.

Sure sounds to me you made an implication, so I wondered where you would have received such misleading information.

22 Likes

Again, I know stuff like “most civil suits are settled before the trial begins” without being a lawyer. Most civil suits are settled. That’s the basis for my earlier prediction that SGF would settle.

I’ve been following along with great interest and now have my own question for the legal experts who have been so very gracious with their time explaining everything to us non-lawyers.

Are civil trials open to the public to attend?

9 Likes

Not admitted in NJ, but in many jurisdictions, parties to an action are required by the court to participate in mediation prior to proceeding. It has nothing to do with whether they “want” to settle pre-trial.

21 Likes

That is a good question @Syrynx.

3 Likes

Then why was your response:

7 Likes

Usually they are.

8 Likes

You’ve indicated repeatedly that you believe SGFs insurance will eventually pay something to LK. Do you care to explain how you think this will play out at this point, given the recent filings? Do you anticipate LKs lawsuit against SGF and MB going all the way through the trial phase, and the insurance company paying out after a jury finds in LKs favor?

I’m just curious on how you see this situation continuing to unfold…

8 Likes