MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

Oh, the irony… :rofl:

12 Likes

Thank you.

I found it weird that it also said that the identities of LaLaPopRider were confirmed via subpoena by COTH, but there was no mention of a subpoena on IMs identity, despite IM bring the only one of the three who did not admit their screen name.

My point was just that Silver stated that IM was believed to be JK, and that COTH had not confirmed it.

2 Likes

How about HONOR? Methinks that bunch thinks the word is only a formal way of addressing a judge - and has absolutely no idea of what its actual meaning is. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I find lots of things about this whole situation as weird. The fact that IM is Jonathan Kanarek is not high on that list.

12 Likes

If IM is not JK, and Silver’s filing is idiotic and in error… don’t you think I-M would have posted something to that effect, while he was reading along yesterday?

I think he would have said so. He seems to take great pleasure in rubbing COTH users noses in the dirt, whenever possible.

22 Likes

Indeed! Sort of like integrity, honesty, accountability, responsibility, etc. All the social moral adjectives the rest of us attempt to live by.

8 Likes

Less so in a boarding and training facility, though, wouldn’t you agree?

44 Likes

Good point - I had forgotten about that.

3 Likes

The way she testified about treats, she was obviously concerned that LK would feed the horse something that would test positive on a drug screen. AKA, harming MHG’s career.

34 Likes

:bulb:

I had not thought of that before. I am glad you posted this.

14 Likes

But why subpoena COTH to confirm the identities of the two people who revealed their identities and not the one person who hasn’t?

There was the SM about reporting things to the FEI……I wonder if that reference was about accusations of doping the horses….

4 Likes

Since my goal is not to twist all things and talk in circles - I do not read anything that says COTH was not subpoenaed for the identity of any of the involved people.

7 Likes

They said that they confirmed LK’s through her discovery and they said that Seeker said she was KK and the Moderator confirmed it. However, that doesn’t mean a subpoena hasn’t already gone out to officially confirm the identity of any number of posters and they are just waiting on the info to be returned. Maybe IM has said enough insider things for them to reasonably be sure it is indeed JK. Like his rantings about things in recordings….

8 Likes

Did you know for a fact that Silver didn’t subpoena COTH to get the IP addresses associated with IM’s account? Or are you just ASSUMING that Silver didn’t, because there was no mention of it in the filing?

I think you are making a mistake to assume that.

Again… when dealing with these issues in litigation situations… asking for IP address information is a standard practice. It’s very likely that lawyers asked COTH for that specific info.

15 Likes

It could just be timing - if, for example, they only recently became aware of IM’s identity after they had previously sent subpoenas for the other profiles and have not yet received confirmation on IM.

6 Likes

Upon information and belief it was to get IMs identity as JK. Which they did.

8 Likes

I can claim I am anyone I want here…still need to confirm for court reasons

9 Likes

The identity of IM is the only one listed that way, (“upon information and belief “) and the only one that doesn’t have a footnote saying confirmed by COTH subpoena. So they must have something else to back up the claim?

7 Likes

Can this nonsense please stop? According to the jury instructions, the jury had the option to render a NG verdict for LK, as it did for RG. Despite the plea, that was an option, and one MB’s counsel asked for in his closing before getting into arguments to support NGRI. NGRI affirmative defense is not an admission. NG is always an option in a criminal trial if the jury feels the prosecution has not met its burden.

16 Likes