Medina Spirit fails drug test

Here’s a new angle…

Medina Spirit Appeal Says Racing Regs Unconstitutional - BloodHorse

JFC ALREADY. Just be a grown up and LET. IT. GO.

Any respect I regained for Baffert after his heart attack and seemingly humbled self has been shredded, used for kitty litter, and sent to the dumpster. Now they’re just setting it on fire.

12 Likes

Talk about flogging a dead horse…

7 Likes

It doesn’t sound as if the judge is at all sympathetic to Zedan-Baffert-Brewster.

2 Likes

I really thought he’d be a ‘changed man’ after that, but he stayed the same. I’m so sick of hearing his name, I never read any articles that reference him any more.

6 Likes

I’m honestly surprised. I thought they were determined to get a hearing in front of the Supremes!

4 Likes

I suspect he’s hoping to get into this year’s Derby. Today is one week from the deadline when owners have to transfer their potential Derby horses to other trainers.

6 Likes

It seemed to me to be an attempt at appeasement of CD as well. I doubt it will work for this year, unless there was a “behind closed doors” deal.

The BloodHorse article does state that "Churchill Downs, in an emailed statement received shortly after this story was posted, said via a spokesperson, “Today’s dismissal of appeal does not change the current suspension or deadline to transfer horses for the upcoming 150th Kentucky Derby.”

7 Likes

Zedan is on it again for his big good buddy

Zedan Seeks Injunction Lifting Baffert Ban - BloodHorse

1 Like

Good luck. He absolutely can run his horse in the Derby if it qualifies, just not with Baffert as trainer.

I wish there were a way both sides could lose; I hate Churchill Downs Inc.

Zedan’s position on this is that he can sue CDI for the value of the horses that he purchased with the plan that he could run them in the Derby, as Baffert would be able to train them and enter them by the time that they were three year olds. The original provisions of CDIs ban allowed for that timing.

Given that Zedan has virtually unlimited funds, he could absolutely have CDI paying attorneys, and possibly losing this in court. However, the current filing seems to simply attempt to suspend the ban, and allow a window wherein he can get his horse(s) into the Derby.

2 Likes

Actually no, he can’t. The deadline to transfer his horses to another trainer has passed.

4 Likes

If the court finds that the extension of Baffert’s ban was an issue, sure, anything is possible. Those “new rules” will swirl on down the toilet.

@ASB_Stars
Please read the post I’m responding to….
Don’t take my comment out of context.

People will be asking ‘what’s horse racing?’ and Zedan and Baffert will still be bringing different versions of ‘wha, wha, wha, I wanted to be in the Kentucky Derby’ to various courts

3 Likes

It’s hard to believe that this is still going on. For crying out loud get a grip, get over it and move on with your lives.

6 Likes

He actually can’t. That ship sailed a few months ago

1 Like

The issue is whether Zedan can bring his weight to bear regarding his purchase of these horses for the specific purpose of running them as three year old olds in all of the big races. It isn’t directly about Baffert except as regards CDI extending their ban of him. Zedan may very well have this.

1 Like

Thats true. But he knew when the deadline was and it was up to him to decide to move the horses or not. Everything was laid out in black and white. He thinks he can buy his way into the Derby.

9 Likes

Absolutely!

2 Likes