Unlimited access >

Men wearing horse riding clothes breeches and boots in public places?

Men wearing horse riding clothes breeches and boots in public places?

? Why not?

8 Likes

California motorcycle cops wear custom Dehners and flared breeches. Maybe you should ask them.

7 Likes

No clue what you are asking.
Yes, I have seen men wearing riding clothes and boots in public places (the mounted patrol here wears boots and breeches).
I have no problem with it, anymore than I have a problem with anyone else wearing boots and breeches out and about.

6 Likes

How is it possible not to end up out in public in riding clothes? Unless you live on the property.

I live in the suburbs and board my horse. I’m not going to go to the fuss of changing for the seven minute drive home, especially as I always get hay seeds in my underwear when I change at the barn. So yeah I am at the mall, supermarket, gas station in my breeches. Now I’m a woman and wearing dark neutral breeches mostly, and paddock boots. I look like every other girl and woman in black athleisure tights and Chelsea boots, which is a current trend here :). I worry more about looking down and seeing my boots are crusted in mud and poop.

I would assume same applies to men, even if they are schooling in tan breeches. With the caveat that you might not want to walk around the mall forever in your really good riding boots, they aren’t designed for that.

9 Likes

here in north Texas that question would come from some one in Dallas, those of us in Fort Worth are used to their higher horse attitudes, just smile at them and walk away, quickly

2 Likes

Troll or bot?

6 Likes

In combination with the weird dressage thread I’m thinking bot.

3 Likes

No idea OP also posted a question in Dressage forum but doesn’t engage.

Hard to know what / why they are asking

If they are an author then doing reasonable research is appreciated.

otherwise SMH

I live in Middleburg. More people of all genders walking around in riding clothes than not.

7 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’d think it was pretty darn attractive! :rofl: But I also run errands before/after stable in my riding clothes (I’m a woman) so I might be biased.

4 Likes

Are you single?

3 Likes

Why not? I always ran errands in my riding clothes, either before or after gong to the barn. Although usually not in the summer after I rode because I didn’t want to be seen hot,sweaty and smelly by anyone other than barn people.

2 Likes

Men wearing riding clothes in public vs being naked?

Or men wearing women’s breeches and boots in public?

Inquiring minds?

:rofl:

Female, but it’s the most expensive outfit I own so the public should get to see it :joy:

15 Likes

Occasionally SO gets the urge to ride with me. Naturally it’s on the days I have a lot to do, errands to run, etc. He will tag along, in “full effeminate swag” as F Scott Fitzgerald so elegantly put it. SO does get funny looks or comments but it doesn’t seem to bother him.

Riding pants really leave nothing to the imagination.

1 Like

but walking , let alone driving, in tall boots can be a misery

100% for it!!

1 Like