Meningitis recovery..?

I just got home from 5 days in the hospital – apparently I was bitten by the wrong mosquito and contracted spinal meningitis.

Does anyone have experience with meningitis? How long should I expect until I feel better and able to do normal farm work? I am getting tired of lying around, but anything more than a trip to the bathroom leaves me zonked and in incredible pain.

I have to get back on my feet. Husband is feeding the horses for now, but I need to take over again – not to mention I am wasting this good summer riding weather.

You are lucky after all, that is very serious.
A local fellow, a fireman, got WNV and spent three months in the hospital, part of it paralized and finally got well after two years, the only residual disability one weak arm and he was back to fighting fires.

Glad that you could bounce back so fast with little trouble, other than beat up from being so sick.

Let others do stuff for you for now and take your time recuperating.:yes:
Your body just had to go thru a major fight and needs that time to get well.

Hope you feel better soon.:slight_smile:

Oh, so sorry! And hope you heal soon - sorry, no advice, but take care of yourself.

Take all the time you need to get well…it is a very nasty disease.my stepdaughter died 8 years ago from this.

No information just Jingles for you and your famnily during this difficult time ~ Jingle Jingle Jingle & AO ~ Always Optimistic ~ Hope you are feeling better soon ~

jmho!

I feel like you should be asking your doctor these questions. Each case is different as is the severity of the cases as well as the cause. Each is managed differently and each patient has their own individualized response to treatment. Do exactly what your doctor says. It can take a few weeks for sure. Listen to your body. Being sick happens! Work with it! You can’t do it all!! Be patient. You should have a full recovery but it takes time! Let it happen!!