Unlimited access >

Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum's Bella Donna Worth?

Has anyone been following Bella Donna? She’s earned over $750,000 in the US and Europe. Her and and Meredith are currently 8th in the Longines Global Champions rankings, and 44th in FEI rankings! She’s pretty new to the bigger grand prixs, but has already won the AIG $1 Million Thermal Grand Prix this year. Anyone know how much she’d sell for?? Not that I’m interested in buying, I’m just a little curious! :smiley:

If not, anyone know how much horses she would go for? Would they go for how much they’ve won or A LOT more?

I’m pretty sure horses like Bella Donna end up in the kind of priceless category. Once they’ve proven themselves to that level (and especially for riders like Meredith who have good sponsors etc) its very hard to put a price. A truly great grand prix horse is very hard to come by even with unlimited money and I know Meredith thinks the world of Bella Donna.

Some example though…

I think Delphi sold to the Saudi’s for something around 10 million euros or so (She’d placed highly at World Cup Finals and was only 9 I think)

Presley Boy sold for 9 million I remember hearing and he was 14 at the time.

So even though I’d imagine Meredith would never sell her, the price would probably have to be comparable to the those sales I’d imagine. Especially since I’m sure Meredith has her eye on WEG and the next Olympics with the mare.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/4978540/McVeans-horse-in-multi-million-dollar-sale