Unlimited access >

Michael Barisone Hearing, Tuesday, April 23

Michael’s next hearing is Tuesday, April 23 at 9 a.m. in the Morris County Courthouse. It will be on the third floor in front of Judge Taylor, Room 13, once again. If anyone is able to attend, I am sure that it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the information for the courthouse. There is a parking garage, which is very easy to get in and out of.

34 Likes

Remind us the purpose of this hearing? Thanks.

2 Likes

Krol process.

To determine what restrictions, if any, Michael will continue to have.

Hopefully the requirement that Michael has to stay in NJ will be lifted so he can move to his farm in Florida.

33 Likes

Is a Safe Sport hearing scheduled?

4 Likes

I do not believe so.

2 Likes

Oh I so wish I could be there. Best wishes for his release from NJ,

12 Likes

Since the entire process has been contrary to the laws about it, I’m worried about what will happen. I hope Michael will be released and have his rights restored, but I’m terrified that it won’t happen that way.

41 Likes

Agreed.

10 Likes

Welp, I am willing to bet Mr. B and Mr. D have run every kind of scenario through their heads and how to handle each potential road block.

I have no doubt that MB is doing everything he is supposed to do.

I also have no doubt that there are some behind the scene shenanigans.

I have hope that whatever lawless/illegal goop that is throw MB’s way will be handled.

30 Likes

Do we know if there have been any legal developments with the various lawsuits related to the involuntary mental health commitment system in the state of New Jersey recently? I came across a this article recently, and it seems to speak directly to some of the key issues MB has been dealing with ever since the criminal trial when he was found NGRI, and entered the state mental health system.

https://www.njspotlightnews.org/2024/02/disability-rights-advocacy-agency-slams-nj-lawsuit-over-state-psychiatric-hospitals-alleges-mistreatment-assaults-excessive-confinement/

I wonder if Mr B or Mr D is in contact with let attorneys involved in this lawsuit, or folks from the Disability Rights New Jersey group? It seems like some of the issues involved in this lawsuit overlap with things MB has experienced as he had gone through the Krol hearing process.

19 Likes

New update on the GFM page
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-michael-barisone-rebuild-his-life?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-171283980187-21ec6ad8f80211ee&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B1137-update-supporters-v5b

9 Likes

35 Likes

Interesting that 48 Hours had an airing of the show last night.

2 Likes

Did they change it again or was it the same as one of the other versions?

1 Like

Looked like the same…then I fell asleep

2 Likes

Bumping as it is one week until the hearing. Would love to see a large group of COTHers there!

19 Likes

I definitely can’t make it to NJ, but I hope you will update us as soon as possible.

12 Likes

Tomorrow is the day!!
Jingling that all goes as it should have from the start, and MB is allowed to get back to putting his life back in order free (like he should have been MONTHS ago).

38 Likes

I’ll be thinking about Michael tomorrow, and sending strong vibes for freedom to leave NJ.

15 Likes

14 Likes