Unlimited access >

Michael Barisone Interview

I just noticed that there is a 48 Hours episode on tonight titled the Shooting of Lauren Kanarek. It says it is Michael’s first interview since being freed. In my area, it is on at 9:00 on 1055 New York, which is part of Channel 2. It says it is new episode. I don’t recall Michael giving any interviews so it must be new.

15 Likes

Thank you for the heads up

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Tearing myself away from PBS.
So little network stuff for horsepeeps.
ETA:
Must be 9P CST also.
FBI show just started here.
ETA#2
Not on any CBS. here :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Friends in Wellington saying they cannot access 48 hours?

quantumn in wellington - they can not view…?

It looks like it is actually the rerun of the 48 Hours episode that was on in September 2022, so it might show up on different channels that have it in syndication. Not necessarily on CBS.

I wonder if it’s a re-run on a smaller local channel……not seeing anything either.

It’s an NYC-area indie station contracted to CBS, so they schlep whatever they have been given on there for programming to fill between local/regional content, while another station is the main CBS station.

No - I have watched the last one and I think there was one before … this is different …

48 Hours has two LK episodes and as bizarre as this sounds, they are the same episode. The only difference being the episode they have in the programming slot for the first is 45 seconds longer than the second episode and it has an update stinger at the end that says MB was evaluated and transferred to a less secure facility. Supposedly, a bit from LK’s attorney was removed, to make the second episode, but I’m not sure where in the episode it is.

4 Likes

Yes in California it was on an independent channel, at 7 pm.

2 Likes

I watched but didn’t finish. It seemed like the “old” 48 Hours episode with some different editing.

1 Like

I didn’t watch it due to reports that it was a repeat of one of the earlier 48 Hours episodes - which as you say, were basically the same episode. There was that bit added at the end of the second version as an update regarding MB’s transfer, and the footage with LK’s original attorney Bruce Nagel was edited out - where he stated that the jury in the criminal trial “must have been insane” to render the verdict it did. That was not a smart thing for an attorney to say on camera for a television piece that would be broadcast nationally, and I can’t help but think that some kind of pressure was put on CBS to remove that bit from the second episode. Everyone can use their own imaginations regarding what kind of pressure that might have been. :wink:

3 Likes

Watch on YouTube

Editing to say I have not watched this online.

4 Likes

I can’t believe I tortured myself by watching this episode again.

Reminds me again how much she still looks like a drug addict - so delusional and sooooooo skinny. And not in a elite athlete kind of way.

I do love the way 48 Hours specifically states in a voice-over how LK would not speak with them about MB at all. Obviously her reasoning did not include voicing “due to ongoing litigation” as 48 Hours would’ve specified that statement. She couldn’t hold up under cross examination, let alone an edit from a info-tainment program, so obviously would not answer or talk about anything other than her “love of horses and dressage”.

And dear God, JK still insisting that his daughter was nothing but a victim. After watching the mom of the Oxford Michigan shooter get found guilty of manslaughter, I almost wish LK’s parent’s and their insane, nonstop defense of her actions and their involvement from a enabling standpoint to be held responsible. As we have all seen over the years, she has never actually matured into a responsible, functioning adult. That is on her parents.

Anyone know if there is an actual open lawsuit against 48 Hours/CBS by the Ks - like they’ve claimed for 18 months?

11 Likes

Agree with most of your comments although I will say that some people are incapable of becoming responsible adults due to various health issues (mental, emotional, physical - and the latter includes drug dependency). I’m not giving a full pass to her parents though, because they have enabled her behavior time and again and continue to make excuses for it.

7 Likes

More views, more comments.

4 Likes

According to the courts, there is no lawsuit on behalf of Lauren Shay Kanarek, against any of the corporate entities in control of CBS programming. On social media, she repeatedly alternates between screeching that she’s sued them already and making proclamations that her multi-firm legal super-team is going to annihilate them, by dropping bombshells and revealing secrets that prove that the media is in collusion with Michael Barisone and other sinister parties, to stymie Lauren’s journey on the long road to domination in Dressage.

20 Likes

I don’t think her parents are Lauren’s Enablers. I think they are her managers. I think half of what she writes is written by them and her father coached her through how to grift Michael. I think that whole family plays together including the old mother Kirby.

The 48 hours episode isn’t anything new and even if it were, who cares. Lauren is a waste of space. All I care about is seeing Michael continue to thrive. Lauren and her out of shape mediocre horses can fade into nothing. Watching her trot around with her stiff seat, leaning way back, jauntily cocked back stupid helmet, t-rex arms and piano hands is jaw droppingly uneducated and stupid. I can’t imagine her. She’s a caricature of a loser of her own making.

23 Likes