Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

Now hold on there - I gave you Wes Studi riding!

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Under Siege (1992)!

Could anyone tell when he was acting/pretending to be crazy after 1988?

2 Likes

I think the guy who played Elsa’s husband in 1883 was cute and he rode horses too.

3 Likes

Psyche!

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That he would put on that shirt would give me reason to doubt his sanity.

2 Likes

I tried to post the picture of Gary Busey sitting on the horse for Dancing with the stars but it didn’t work.

You won’t mistake him for Daniel Day-Lewis.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen that yet but I’ll add it to the list - thank you.

1 Like

Costume designers can be cruel.

3 Likes

You made me look.

5 Likes

That is quite the loud shirt he has on!

Also-what is on the horse’s face? Is he just embarrassed?

6 Likes

Horses are so tolerant sometimes. They can put up with a lot of nonsense.

I thought the same thing the other day when I saw a picture of a football player riding a horse into a giant stadium packed with fans. I hope that horse got an awful lot of carrots afterwards.

6 Likes

To soothe everyone’s rattled brains from the Gary Busey train of thought - here is a bit of eye candy that was mentioned upthread (Eric Sweig - aka Uncas - in Last of the Mohicans). He is much easier on the eyes! :grin:

27 Likes

Well this is heartbreaking - yes, Wikipedia, but it’s a start.

He is the oldest of seven children, who were all adopted out as part of the Canadian government’s failed attempt at forcing Inuit and First Nations children to assimilate into white society. Schweig’s biological mother died of alcoholism in 1989. He never met her. “She didn’t drink a drop of alcohol until we were taken away,” says Schweig. “We were part of the whole assimilation program—forcibly taken away, although my adoptive parents told me I wasn’t.”

How awesome that he became a foster parent to siblings in 2017.

24 Likes

Much better!

1 Like

I won tickets through a radio station to go to the premier of LOtM in Denver, CO. It was a big deal. They had dancers, music, a display of the culture, and Russell Means was there to speak. It was amazing! And, then the movie…

I also went to the premier of Household Saints and Vincent D’Onofrio was there.

Good times!!

10 Likes

ahhhhhh thank you

1 Like

Yes, that is truly sad. It’s interesting to learn though that the U.S. wasn’t the only government trying to destroy the Native peoples through forced adoptions, forced sterilizations, shoddy education systems, and “bare necessity” health care programs.

It says a lot about Schweig and others like him that they have been able to rise above it and make something of their lives, and that they are working to not only help their people thrive but also help other peoples develop more and better understanding and empathy.

9 Likes

To get back to the topic at hand - since the case management conference is coming up in two days and there have been no filings indicating that Sceusi has granted the request to stay the subpoenas directed at JK and KK, can we assume that JK/KK have complied with those subpoenas? Or should we assume they are still ignoring them while awaiting the case management conference?

9 Likes

Considering that the plaintiff hasn’t cooperated with much since she filed the case, my money is on this.

I can’t see Mr Deininger and Mr Silver filing anything in response to that request when the status conference is in two days.

7 Likes