Migraines and botox

Ok at the end of my rope here, cannot take any different meds due to interactions with other health issues.

Migraines not even close to controlled

Dr suggested botox but since its soo expensive and my dad is paying id like to give him all the info aneeded for him to decide, since this is a optional treatment(if i needed it there are no questions i get it).

Your experiences? Good, bad?

I have been getting Botox injections for migraines for six or seven years or more. My husband talked to someone at the gym who had migraines and was being treated by a plastic surgeon in my city whose girlfriend had bad migraines. This started his interest in using Botox in this way. He said they first realized there might be a connection when migraine sufferers who had brow lifts often reported that their headaches stopped after the procedure, which involves cutting the muscle between the eyebrows - the same muscle that is paralyzed by Botox injections.

I was having migraines at least twice a month, and they always lasted three days. It was frustrating to lose so much time, and to be in so much pain. It has worked great for me. At first, I had to get the shots every 4 months, but by now, I can go 8 or 9 months before the migraines return.

Of course different people have different migraine triggers, and hormones seem to be involved in some way, but my experience has been great.