Unlimited access >

Misoprostol Paste

Hi, has anyone found misoprostol paste that’s more affordable, similar to Abler’s Omeprazole? I’ve hear great things about it for my gelding, but the pricing is similar to Ulcergard, etc. and I really need the paste as my gelding doesn’t response to the powder as well.

TIA!!

Where have you checked?

Wedgewood compounds a paste:

https://www.wedgewood.com/items/misoprostol-oral-paste.html

Most of the compounding pharmacies probably do.

Rood & Riddle or Wedgewood both compound a misoprostol oil suspension. I used it successfully on a horse with complex ulcer issues who also didn’t do well with powder forms.

1 Like

I haven’t checked around yet. Was looking for some reputable places first. Only estimate I’ve had was through my vet so far and that was $40 a tube.

Abler’s is a place in Canada I can order from independently for reduced pricing on omeprazole and is a safe bet, but they don’t offer misoprostol. So I was wondering if there was any place similar that specifically carries it.

Abler is in like Vanautu or something. They illegally sell prescription products. They’re not in Canada.

If you’re looking for another outfit like that, I think Horseprerace is running again.

2 Likes

Is anyone familiar with First Choice Equine. They have a omeprazole/misoprostal mix for $16.99 a tube. I’m curious if they’re a reputable company. I was not aware of Abler’s being illegal, many people in my area have said they were reputable and they’ve used them many times. Thank you for the heads up.

my understanding is you separate when the omeprazole and miso are given timewise. I wonder if taking them together is a problem?

1 Like

Anyone selling a prescription product without a prescription is doing so illegally. Misoprostal is not available OTC.