Unlimited access >

Missing Dressage Scores?

Some background information. When I bought my horse, Leo, a year ago, he was advertised as being shown through 1st level and schooling 2nd. This is true as he can preform all 1st level movements and some of (if not most of) the movements required for 2nd. Canter movements are not being preformed as I don’t canter (and barely trot) being a Grade 1A Para Dressage rider.

Knowing about Leo’s show history and me being curious, I went looking for some records. Here is what I found. http://www.centerlinescores.com/Horse/Details/1086455#filterBy=horse

As mentioned, his ad says that he was shown at 1st. If you look at his Centerline scores it doesn’t show anything for 1st. Was the ad lying? If not, why aren’t the scores listed? :confused:

Could his 1st level scores be from a schooling show or in another country? Canada?

I showed my horse 4th this year, and none of the scores from that show are on Centerline, so my horse is stil listed as a 3rd level horse. They are visible on the USDF score check and in my breed association’s records. I’ve found other issues on centerline that they’ve resolved with a quick email, but I had the proof to back it up. I haven’t bothered with the 4th level issue yet, but I’m sure they’d fix it promptly.

[QUOTE=melody1;7373449]
Could his 1st level scores be from a schooling show or in another country? Canada?

I showed my horse 4th this year, and none of the scores from that show are on Centerline, so my horse is stil listed as a 3rd level horse. They are visible on the USDF score check and in my breed association’s records. I’ve found other issues on centerline that they’ve resolved with a quick email, but I had the proof to back it up. I haven’t bothered with the 4th level issue yet, but I’m sure they’d fix it promptly.[/QUOTE]

Leo has never left the state we are in in his eleven years of life. About emailing, will I have any trouble when it comes to ownership? I am not the owner or rider that is listed on Centerline.

Do opportunity classes get recorded? I thought they weren’t tracked which is why the fees are lower for those classes. If they don’t get officially recorded for the sake of tracking perhaps that is the reason they are missing? I have scores missing from Centerline from ages ago. I did not have the horses registered, always paying the non-member fees. There are at least two of my past horses that I showed recognized (multiple shows and multiple years before 1998) where my scores do not ‘exist’ though I still have the tests and even old COTH mags with the placings listed.

Opportunity classes are not recorded. Neither are schooling shows. So it is quite possible that your horse was shown 1st level and you are just not seeing them on centerline.

[QUOTE=DoomPony;7373495]
Leo has never left the state we are in in his eleven years of life. About emailing, will I have any trouble when it comes to ownership? I am not the owner or rider that is listed on Centerline.[/QUOTE]

Again - if you have some sort of proof of his show record, I don’t imagine it would be an issue, but it sounds as if that’s precisely the information you’re looking for? Since it seems as if you know a fair amount about his history, can you ask his owner for more details about his show experience?

One of the issues I had fixed was on a horse who my trainer showed. Centerline had his owner and another person listed as his riders for several intermediaire tests, which I knew was inaccurate. I simply explained the situation over email, and it was fixed almost immediately. I was impressed! Interestingly, the “summary” still lists the horse as having been to XXX shows with 3 riders, but the “riders” page lists his trainer as the sole rider (which is accurate).

http://centerlinescores.com/Horse/Details/1011714#filterBy=horse

Have you tried looking the horse up on USEF or USDF instead? They might have records not showing up on Centerline.

Can you not ask the seller what shows he was shown at? When I was looking for a performance horse I found that sellers very commonly were vague about the show records, not clarifying it was schooling vs rated…as they were vague about anything else they could lie by omission over. Was the seller in an area where there are a lot of schooling shows? Google the local schooling show results, search by horse’s name or rider. I found a lot of discrepancies that way when horse shopping.

Centerline scores AND USDF have no record of any of the showing that I did as a JR/YR. I have all my tests, even from regional championships, saved in a box in my office. USDF says they don’t have any record of me. I have no idea what happened… I have not worried about it. I had to re-earn some medal scores, but it wasn’t that big of a deal.

Point is… missing info does honestly happen. I LOVE Centerline Scores, but always consider that since I KNOW my info is missing, the people/horses I look up just might not be complete. I have even looked up people I know and seen just a show here or there missing.

It could also be that the horse was not shown at a triple rated show, just a local show. Here in CA if you show at a CDS (California Dressage Society) show it does’t show up on Centerline or USDF sites. So perhaps that is the situation.

Scores are shown by who owns and rides the horse at the time the scores are earned.

So the previous owner/riders scores would show up and then yours (assuming you filed the paperwork transferring ownership) will show up.

If the scores were earned at recognized USEF events, they should be in there. But as other have suggested, first pull the score report on USEF to confirm. You will have to pay a fee for previous years. If the scores are not there, I would contact the previous owner to get proof of the scores.

That said, normally this is something that you would check before you bought the horse! So depending on your relationship with the previous owner, you may or may not be able to resolve the issue.