Missing half-finger update

It has been over two weeks since I had my injury and healing is going well.I misstated the extent because when they removed the bandage my surgeon had managed to preserve all but I inch off the tip.So Im basically missing an inch off my left hand middle finger.My friends have been very supportive and you wouldn’t believe how many lunches I get treated to! My husband in no way blames my horse and has said he doesn’t really want to live with me if I don’t have a horse-ha! Hardest part is seeing my very fit Arab prancing around his pasture.My friend has been exercising him once a week just so he won’t become naughty.
It’s surprising to me that people get on horses they haven’t ridden in a month and expect perfect behavior.I may go on a short ride next week (finger well-wrapped) just to test the waters.This is our best weather in Florida-I just wish this finger
had been injured in august when no one wants to ride.

Glad to hear you are healing well. I had about a 1/3 of my pinky bitten off by my mom’s horse when I was 7. It is amazing how well the hand heals! People really have to stare to notice.

In my case the horse took the flesh around the bone, but the bone was left exposed. Thinking of them drilling down the bone still makes me queasy. Hopefully, this was not the case for you.

Once you’ve mastered showering, getting dressed, and functioning everyday, riding shouldn’t be that hard. Good luck!

glad you are doing well!!

Good to hear your finger is healing well, and that you have more finger left than you thought. Did you ride yet? I rode about 2 weeks after my injury, though in an arena on a calm therapy horse. Didn’t have any problems during riding, but tacking up was a little difficult for awhile. The main worry about going back to the barn was getting an infection in the wound, but I kept it well wrapped both to prevent dirt from getting in and for padding.
Keep us updated, at least until you feel back to normal.

JINGLES & AO ~ SHORT RIDE YET ?

JINGLES & AO `````

HAVE YOU ENJOYED YOUR SHORT RIDE YET ?

Yes,I rode for the first time yesterday and it was lovely. We babysat my friends young mustang who is afraid of other horses! My horse was the perfect baby-sitter and we were able to trot quite abit.Tomorrow we will ride with our regular endurance buddy and move out.I’m going to aim to do a ride in late April so hopefully I’ll be ready.The past three weeks I’ve been camped out on my couch with my two Japanese chins-I think all of us have gained weight! My trainer had trained my horse to ride with one hand polo-style and that certainly made things easier with my other hand.

CHECKING BACK GLAD YOU ARE BACK IN THE SADDLE

CHECKING BACK ```

GLAD TO READ YOU ARE BACK IN YOUR SADDLE ``` :yes::cool::smiley:

ENJOY !!!