Unlimited access >

Mock neck sun shirts for summer

Thinking about summer riding since it’s been so warm…

What are the favorite MOCK NECK sun shirts right now? I love the look of the TKEQ but I’m wondering what else might be out there? And, an actual UPF rating would be a bonus :laughing:. I specifically want long sleeve mock neck shirts, NOT quarter zips.

I don’t mind spending money for something that is nice and holds up, but Amazon deals are always nice too. I’d love to hear what y’all like right now!

1 Like

I have no mock neck suggestions (mostly hate things touching my neck but this is a good reminder to be better about sunscreen on my neck). I do love my Cowgirl Tuff Breathe Sun shirts. They have protected me in SoCal sun, FL sun, and Midwest river floating (8+ hours on water) sun. They are SO soft and actually feel cool to the touch. They do run a bit big. They do not have a mock neck, but do have regular crew neck long and short sleeve Ts. I mostly have grey and black as some colors have prints and I don’t care for that.

I didn’t see too much come up that was a true mock neck (except some more $$$ options) for sun shirts. If you don’t find something you like, maybe there is a scarf/ gaiter accessory that could cover the exposed areas when wearing a regular crew neck shirt? Just to keep your opportunities open.

2 Likes

I have been upgrading to Coollibar shirts and LLBean has some nice sun shirts. I love the shirts at Lands End but sometimes the prints are a little wild for me.

1 Like

The TKEQ shirt has been a HUGE hit at my store. I just got them in last week and we’ve sold through most sizes already. It’s really nice!

1 Like

They’re not cheap but they look so nice. I need to just order some :sweat_smile:

I love the TKEQ shirts and wish I could fill my closet with more of them. Alas, I already have a full closet and my wallet is not-so-full. I have good success with under armour sunshirts and some golf store finds (not sure on the brands) but everything I have is either crew neck or quarter zip. I’m not sure I’ve even seen a mock neck sun shirt in my shopping travels. I always go for long-sleeve options first because I’m a bit fanatical about sun protection.

Check out 70degrees for mock neck sunshirts (you may have to scroll down a bit for them)

Personally I can’t wear mock necks, but I love their French stripe 1/4 zips and the fabric actually feels cool (enough that I have a couple of black ones that I got on sale that I wear comfortably mowing in the worst of the summer heat!).
1 Like

I wear a sunshirt every day out here from late April until close to Halloween. I have several different brands, including Kerrits Ice Fil, LL Bean and a variety of outdoorsy, golf styles. Mine are all 1/4 zip because I like that option.

However…

I’ve come across mockneck styles in my searches. They’re usually marketed as swim tops or rash guards for water sports. This is just one I found on Amazon, but if you search for “Women’s mock neck rash guards” you’ll find others, including short sleeved versions.

https://www.amazon.com/TSLA-Womens-Sleeve-Protection-Shirts/dp/B09KZQX9KZ/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1C38C2FUBS8IT&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.FUbRbFXuW4zhnjwYnjE0lb7v68W-QL8exhh3y47_oVJQ13uAL1XVIwd-4Kp-KjfP8n6yyjCWbzr1yoDdg_WrHo-uE-SNtOKPYySGI-ZRVi0gAJOHzQ1SnHxaMfPciCLJfsiYJ77v9OIZTLqyF9TBGqiA0vTSZzad8NYKkegBN-9-X6-4nO0hPQ6X2y9NwRLPJDS5oPzKRMQ-6QZJF8TkQMSlkq2WDh4hYTj27GKtLHukfi6G5H-gLnWFnQHoEbgIMVetHsEXsOL3KrqmD_Hxms49LXPiuO0xb90BzC7ikxs.fnLulDzot-UP0M7RviVzvPoNi5A7mZZOKsI0RcU_CmM&dib_tag=se&keywords=womens+mock+neck+sun+shirt&qid=1710685881&sprefix=womens+mockneck+sun+shirt%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-7

Not mock neck but a pretty tight crew neck … for a great price!

If you haven’t yet tried, the Airism line at Uniqlo is affordable, wears beautifully, super comfortable and perfection for the summer. I tend to size up as I prefer a baggier fit.

1 Like
2 Likes

I have some of these! They really do work! They run a little big.

You may like the Kismet shirts. The airmax style is very lightweight too.

For example: https://www.tacknrider.com/shop/kismet-turtleneck-shirt-uv-with-thumbhole-alexa/