Unlimited access >

Modern Pentathlon will no longer have an equestrian phase

Yeah and neither is horseback riding. Especially skill-less horseback riding.

2 Likes

They still use horses in the military actually! It’s not as common but they certainly still do.

1 Like

Skate boards in a half pipe would be better, roller derby with all competitors at once would be best of all.

It’s unfortunate that athletes are arriving at this level of competition and having mental/ stress coping failures. Biles the most noted other athlete at these games, but certainly not the only 2. Both are a symptom of malfunctions in the system. And picking/blaming/cursing/pillory on the individual athletes is just scapegoating.

Awww
darn. I was hoping, after all that drama, they would just hand them stick horse toys and make them go through the course. Or, they could have someone following them with coconuts to make hoof sounds.

11 Likes

Is it?

Or is it highlighting the fact that the athletes are using the animals as a means to an end, not as living breathing creatures?

Not everything can be blamed on mental stress/coping issues. She acted without any regard for the “coping issues” the horse was having that day. She’s accountable for her behavior. Full stop.

7 Likes

You sure you want to die on that hill?

If we, you and I, get into a physical fight and I beat you up, should I be prosecuted.for that action or hugged and given a toy and some hot fries?

Pick one.

1 Like

She kind of epitomizes the problem though, that they aren’t interested in actually being horseman.
If they were they’d work at it, perform better, and never, ever blame the horse.

1 Like

That would have been awesome.

1 Like