Unlimited access >

Most breathable / vented xc boots?

Keep me posted if you find something good! I’ve been tolerating the majyk boots because I can’t find anything I like better so far. My guy has very small legs and most brands don’t offer a small. His veredus stadium boots are ‘pony’ even though he’s 15’3. So maybe the twisting is a problem just with my horse but I still would prefer the boot be contoured to support the leg rather than just protect from impact.

I just finished a long boot search for a new horse. Tri Zone and Veredus just did not fit her, and I did not feel blown away by the LeMieux (though normally a big fan). I settled on the Eskadrons, which don’t overheat her legs. They are molded but soft at the edges, so they stay in place without rubbing. Just another option!

I personally hate the material on the ME. I also found they fade and tear after a short time.

I love my Boogaloos, they aren’t vented and are neoprene/leather but I have never found my horses legs get hot in them.

1 Like

I have several different sets including a brand new set of Woof boots that I’ve used maybe twice in 4 years. I always go for my Majyk Equips. They’re the older model and even though I bought them used, they’ve held up remarkably well and don’t find they overheat my horse’s legs.

If you’re ever interested in trying wraps, I really like using the Saratoga Bandages. super lightweight/breathable, no issues going through water, and they don’t slip down at all.

Oh Lordy, having grown up using wraps for xc (and back then, pre Velcro, we sewed down the ties) I swear - never again. :joy: I’d also stress about them coming undone anyway.

2 Likes

I thought they stopped making the leather ones.

No they’re back!

1 Like

I’ve been through a few brands of xc boots over the years and nothing would stay in place until I found the professionals choice ones! They are great and way cheaper then other brands!

I tried the LeMieux and really like them! Plus the white is very easy to clean.

2 Likes

I still haven’t settled on a new set of boots, sigh. After I decided against the Majyk Equipes I ordered Equilibrium Tri-Zone Impact boots from The Drillshed (for like half the price they are in the US) but they are SO thick and stiff. I put them on in the stall for a bit last week and even though it was only in the 60s, his legs were sweating underneath just standing still. Sigh.