Unlimited access >

Most Popular US Dressage Breeds List- Hanoverians #1

[QUOTE=ewells;7510790]
Wouldn’t #15 Andalusian and #23 Pura Raza Espanola be combined since they are the same horse / breed if so the # of entries combined is 679 ranks them 11th then. That’s for the 1st level list that came up it’s even higher on the training level list.
My own mount SF is 40th wish they participated in all breeds awards I’d of placed. :)[/QUOTE]

You probably could considering they are the same breed, but it would probably offend the PRE people.

I think that what they are doing is taking what people have entered their horses as for breed. I could enter Unknown which would put my girl in 19th, or Haflinger cross which I didn’t even see. Or I could enter her as a unicorn :wink:

[QUOTE=piccolopony;7512265]
I think that what they are doing is taking what people have entered their horses as for breed. I could enter Unknown which would put my girl in 19th, or Haflinger cross which I didn’t even see. Or I could enter her as a unicorn ;)[/QUOTE]

I have been tempted to put “Native American Warmblood.” (Appaloosa) LOL

[QUOTE=Sandy M;7512288]
I have been tempted to put “Native American Warmblood.” (Appaloosa) LOL[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, love it!

I went back and looked at Training Level, because that’s where I am, but…

MULES MADE THE LIST! MULE MADE THE LIST!

And that probably doesn’t even count my own entries, because I only showed unaffiliated schooling shows. :slight_smile:

Woot woot to Arabians and Half Arabians :smiley:

And oh yes, my little PB Arab mare is going to shepherd one of the boys through his first intro dressage test, lol. That little saint of a mare will go anywhere and do anything.

They have Arabian and Egyptian Arabian in different categories. An “Egyptian Arabian” is not a different breed…it denotes certain bloodlines within the same breed that have been cleverly marketed as being separate from their own breed. So, for First Level you can add on an additional 8 horses to the Arabians.

Well, darn, then I want a separate category for Crabbet line horses, since my Araloosa’s sire was a Crabbet line horse (Aul Magic). ;0) And then another category for “Foundation Appaloosas” as opposed to "Racebred Appaloosas (TB and/or QHX), and the (yuck) Quarterloosa, i.e., those that are 31/32nds QH with no color or breed characteristics, but claim to be Appaloosas.* Flood that list with enough subcategories and “my” breed will be No.1 in entries in no time at all (yeah, riiiight.)

*Sort of related, but not really: Many moons ago (I’ve been riding Appies since 1977), I DID run into occasionally “color” prejudice. That is much less a factor now, though it still occasionally happens. However, one competitor on a discussion board stoutly maintained there was NO prejudice against Appaloosas, and her horse scored well to prove her point. Then she posted a picture of her horse. A solid bay with no Appaloosa characteristics - no white sclera, no striped hooves, no mottling. (You can produce solid Apps even from Foundation lines, but they will show SOME breed characteristics, if only the eye or the mottling.) ROFLOL

… sort of a misleading subject line… should include the fact that it’s at 1st level.