Unlimited access >

Mounted Holiday Parade and Caroling in Clifton (Va.) Dec. 2

Registration for the annual Clifton holiday parade on Dec. 2 is open! All riders (including minors) must register in advance. Refreshments and holiday ornaments will follow the conclusion of the parade. All participants must be prepared to show proof of current negative Coggins.

You must be a Clifton Horse Society member to participate, but we have several easy options for that. Current CHS members sign up at no cost. Newcomers may become “members for a day” for $5, or choose an annual membership for just $15 more. If you’re making this a family affair, our convenient annual family membership is just $35 for your whole household. In addition to the parade, you’ll enjoy access to a variety of mounted and unmounted events and clinics throughout the year.

For more info and to register, please see https://www.cliftonhorsesociety.org/event-details-registration/christmas-parade-through-clifton-2023 or send your questions to cliftonhorsesociety (at) our Gmail overlords.

11 Likes

Anyone have any pics of this to post?

As someone who is hoping to buy horse property there within the next few years, it’s so nice to see what a great horse community they have!

(Sorry Rackonteur - no pics from me)

2 Likes

Sorry for the delayed reply, @Rackonteur — I must have missed your initial post. I know we had a bunch taken, and I’m trying to figure out what happened to them.

@alisa (and others), the CHS annual meeting is this coming Sunday, 3/3 — please see our FB page for more info. New members (and the member-curious) are very welcome! Despite having “Clifton” in our name, membership is not restricted to specific zip codes for horse and/or rider. I’ll make a separate post about the meeting, but wanted to follow up on the parade Q here.

2 Likes