MS= dwindling energy left for the horses

For some reason I thought it was possible to start 3 young horses before MS progressed enough to stop me :no:

now I have 3 8-yr old VERY nice horses, rarely ridden, barely trained, in an awful economy and buyers wondering what is wrong with THEM

I’d like to not get into my personal medical issues in order to explain the horse’s lack of training. The medication is $$$ and I’m not able to send the horses out for more training. Anyone have ideas how to discuss or advertise these horses for sale? I’m sick and getting sicker by the day

Gosh I’m sorry. I can’t imagine how hard this has to be, but honestly is the best policy. You don’t have to tell buyers all the details. It should suffice to say your health has kept you from finishing them, and now necessitates their sale. Best of wishes.

I am so, so sorry. Jingling everything that your MS does one of its about turns.

Don’t know what medication you’re on but BetaSeron has financial assistance. Also, acetyl-L-carnitine (1000mg/day) is a big energy-booster. I was skeptical but it really worked. Jingles!

So sorry to hear of your illness. My sister was diagnosed with MS two years ago and I have witnessed her struggles, pain and frustration. Her hope and faith are directed to advancements in the treatment of MS.

When I see horse sale ads that show an older horse that is behind in its training, I always take into consideration the particulars of why. It can be due to pregnancy and children, divorce, education or illness. I would much rather purchase a horse that has fallen behind in training than purchase a horse that has been trained improperly. Depending on how much you wish to reveal to a customer, advising that it is due to an illness is suffice.

I wish you strength in facing your daily struggles.

^ good advice I think. Perhaps using the phrase “chronic illness” would get the idea across without being too invasive. My mother was diagnosed when my daughter was 2, late in life. I advised her to get a handicap sticker and take advantage of any allowances for her condition, concierge service for airlines etc., so she could save her energy for the things she still could do.

Best wishes in rehoming the horses and living life to the fullest you are able.