Unlimited access >

Muck Bucket Carts?

I’m at my wits end here; I’ve been looking everywhere for the 300lb muck bucket cart with the non-flat wheels and I cannot find one. It’s small, portable, and works easily in my small backyard just picking out the paddock.

Are there any other options out there that I’m overlooking? I don’t need a wheelbarrow and wouldn’t really be able to store it where I can store the cart.

I use a Gorilla Cart, it easily holds two standard muck baskets and can be used for other purposes

2 Likes

It looks like the Tuff Stuff 300 lb. muck cart is readily available - what about swapping out the tires yourself? It’s usually not difficult to do.

I wound up doing this with my dual-wheel wheelbarrow - the original tires always went flat so I got some no-flat tires from Northern Tool so now it’s a non-issue.

There are lots of options for 10" no-flat tires (which is what the Tuff Stuff cart looks to use) on Northern Tool/Fleet Farm/Amazon, just need to figure out the right axle diameter. (There might also be adapter sleeves.)

4 Likes

We have many of those and some are over 20 or 30 years old.
Wen use them to feed with a rubber feed tub and can pile hay flakes on that, manure bucket to carry many smaller items, to clean stalls, to do yard work, you name it, those are great for us and no flat tires:

Thank you for the assistance, everyone!

Bluey, I’ll give those a shot. I’d read a lot of reviews that said the ones without the no-flat wheels fell apart quickly, but noticed they seem to be within the last year or two. I wonder if the manufacturing process changed?

Clanter, we have those at my local store; when I go out this weekend, I’ll check the size and see if it will fit where I store my current setup. There were a few that looked like they might!

Leather - this is going to sound silly, but I hadn’t even thought of that. We have a Northern Tool right across the bridge; I might try taking the old wheels with me and seeing if they have anything that fits there, and if not, I can order what I need.

1 Like

Yeah swapping out wheels never would have occurred to me unless my husband had suggested it! Definitely bring in the wheels and maybe even the cart to get the right fit and any extra/replacement hardware. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just looked up the tire model on the sidewalk and ordered from Amazon.

It will say something like 4.10-4

I just replaced the pneumatic tires on the muck cart with no flats last week, just be sure to get some cotter pins.

Here’s the link to the ones I bought

Winisok 4.10/3.50-4 Tire Wheels Flat Free, 10" Heavy Duty Solid Replacement Tire with 5/8’’ Bearings for Wagon/Wheelbarrow/Hand Truck/Generators (2 Pack) https://a.co/d/gG97vPE

1 Like

I have a muck bucket cart from Tractor Supply that came with air filled tires. My husband took the tires somewhere and had them filled with something (foam?) that made them no-flats. I know this is vague but at least you know it is a doable thing.

2 Likes

We tried that in the two muck buckets we had with soft tires, is called Slime and works for a bit only and gums the tire and rim so you can’t fix a flat on it.
Best to replace tires, we did, carts some times can take bigger solid tires than the originals were also.
Lowes here carries plenty of such suitable solid tires, used in smaller dollies and carts.

I have this gorilla cart and it fits a mucket bucket in really well.

1 Like

I’ve got a fleet of the Royal Wire muck carts and they are built to last. Solid and don’t fall apart.

Can you post a pic of the 300lb style you are looking for?

Looks like this Home Depot one?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GORILLA-CARTS-4-cu-ft-Plastic-Garden-Cart-GCR-4W/322230616?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&mtc=SHOPPING-BF-CDP-GGL-D28I-028_011_TOOLS-NA-NA-NA-PMAX-NA-NA-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NA-PMAX&cm_mmc=SHOPPING-BF-CDP-GGL-D28I-028_011_TOOLS-NA-NA-NA-PMAX-NA-NA-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NA-PMAX-71700000112731967--&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgqGrBhDtARIsAM5s0_mKsHh2JKKQFTix1ismknBf408-7fTOlCnvq8s7zvWVl2e-ItL4k0saAnw2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#overlay

I wish I had a picture, but many many years ago I boarded with the most ingenious “MacGyver” of a barn owner who built they best muck cart. He repurposed an old bicycle and welded it into a muck cart. It had the large bike tires and was SOLID. I have coveted one ever since.

He also turned an old sedan into a ATV with a dump bed. Not to mention built the entire barn himself from free and scrap materials. He even built the fence himself with locust wood he harvested on his land.

3 Likes

The one muck bucket cart no one has ever liked in our barn is this one.
That extra folding leg is always in the wrong position, we ended keeping it tied out of the way and leaning on something to keep it upright, we could slide the baling string easily to let the leg down if necessary, it doesn’t stand on itself without it.
Eventually we put solid tires on it, but didn’t help and is unhandy to move around:

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/551049-little-giant-muck-cart.html?blaintm_source=google&blaintm_medium=pla&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiApaarBhB7EiwAYiMwqmpG46ZDO-yHhZTqJ-APZucc6V-FGlRLnOqshxp4IWYv4DeMMfEMwhoC-AUQAvD_BwE

1 Like

I boarded at a barn that used two wheeled hand trucks to move muck buckets around. There was a loosely tied hay string from rail to rail to keep the bucket secure, but it was easily flipped up so the bucket could be removed.

It was pretty brilliant, really. Those moving dollies come as light or as sturdy as you want. They’re built to take a serious beating, too, and last forever.

1 Like

pretty sure it’s this one (same one I just replaced with the tires linked above)

https://www.bigdweb.com/tuff-stuff-collapsible-tuff-muck-bucket-cart?gclid=CjwKCAiApaarBhB7EiwAYiMwqtZbndL8TnITmrVOoJHei3or237Yzgk_fRZffNpl4X56-ZCPNRf11RoCgxEQAvD_BwE

But those don’t hold up do they?

I’m on my second one in 20 years. Granted with 2 horses on stall/dry lot/pasture it doesn’t get 20 stall barn use, but it also has to go over two big wood door “lips” and some variable terrain when it is in use (not exactly like going down the barn aisle lol).

That said, I do touch it up with spray primer paint to keep the rust at bay down here in the humid south. But I shredded the pneumatic tire before I killed the cart on this one so that makes it reasonably tough to my mind!

I’d say it holds up based on your testimonial! :sunglasses:

Another vote for swapping out wheels for solid ones. I did that about 20 years ago with my little gardening wheelbarrow at home. The wheelbarrow has rotted around the beautifully intact wheel. lol

Re cart shopping, I have one similar to the one Bluey doesn’t like. It’s fine. You DO have to remember to flick the stupid kickstand every dang time you want to walk away from it though. That works fine for me because it’s not a daily driver. It’s used if the stable cleaner is busted (once for 2 weeks in three years of owning it) and helping to cart feed, etc. in from outside. And it beats the crap out of the single handled jobbies for clinics/shows. I can dump that type by looking at it wrong. It’s also a great help for wheeling around water jugs and that sort of thing, but I would not want to use it for cleaning stalls on the daily. Maybe one stall if there were no other choice would be ok.