Multiple disabilities took my heart horse away

I’m so sorry this has/is happening to you. I can’t imagine. :cry:

Even if you don’t ride, which really can take a toll on your body, even a short stroll when you aren’t conditioned for it, would you enjoy even just brushing a quiet, older horse that needs some attention? With owners that have both a retiree and other younger horses that ride, it’s often the retiree that gets overlooked in the form of baths, or a long grooming (more than the quick brush-over). I’m sure any owner would greatly appreciate having their older horse groomed and loved on for even a half an hour- and I bet the horse would enjoy it even more. If they’re older and quiet, you probably won’t have to worry as much about quick reaction times and getting banged up. It wouldn’t hurt to post something on this forum asking if anyone near you has an older horse that would like some attention (and treats!).

I hope you feel better soon and find a way to interact with horses again. Best wishes.

E-mail Jan at HorsePower. They are in Colfax, NC -not far from you at all.

www.Horsepower.org

Tell her your situation - she’ll figure a way to assist.

Michele, you need an overhaul of your nutritional needs and less from the doctor’s who just throw one drug after another at you. Fibromyalgia is a catch all syndrome not a disease. Your whole system is out of balance. Have you ever consulted with a Holistic MD? I mean a serious physician who takes from both worlds (eastern and western), not a snake oil salesman. Take a look at the Bastyr Institute in Seattle. I am not sure where you are in the country but there are these kinds of clinics in California (has a different name as it is not with the Bastyr). There is also a center in Florida.

Don’t let the rest of your life be a downhill slippery slope, it is hard and if you want some help or guidance I will be happy to answer a pm. You can get back to the horses, just a different relationship centered around perhaps a therapeutic approach. May God bless you and keep you.