My name is Daggry and I am a 1-year-old, 61 lb neutered male

Daggry is our current foster dog that is seeking a home. We having been working with Echo White Shepherd Rescue for years

Echo only homes these rescues to East of the Mississippi River.

We have had him here for about a month, he really is going to make a family a nice dop.

here is His write up on the Echo site

https://www.echodogs.org/daggry

(Daggry is Danish for Dawn )

19 Likes

Looks like a sweet boy.

Thank you for helping him! :heart:

1 Like

a few days ago we got a photo of the GSD we fostered last summer as we were the only place that could handle a mother dog with seven pups, we used one of the hose stalls as their kennel

That GSD was in terrible condition when she arrived. I think we had that herd here for about three months. All the pups found wonderful homes, and the mother dog now is the treasured dog of a family back east, the photo of her on the couch in their family room was a long way from where she had come.

10 Likes

What a gorgeous boy. Love his name.

I bet he’s in heaven at your house.

1 Like

We named our small farm Sanctuary Morgans when we first got the horses, we chose sanctuary specifically to denote a safe place with our kids in mind, Since then many animals have used this place as their sanctuary.

Echo as rescues goes does a lot for these dogs. The mother dog with her pups we had last year the rescue spent about $15,000 in medical and support expense on that group. Several of the pups had serious medical issues that all were resolved through the excellent unquestioned vet support paid for by Echo, (the small animal vet we use and my daughter works part time as vet tech is used by Echo)

Foster care of these dogs is not an easy task as we work through the issues they came packed in their baggage. To date all fostered dogs and cats have found wonderful homes. Daggry has only been here a short time, he was a wild dude at first and scared,

In last weeks he has begun to be a respectful dog, seemly to enjoy running around in the backyard going from checking the goats in their paddock then bound over to the goats in the medical pen (we have a mother goat with her Three babies from next door in there so that the babies can be bottle fed) Here is the three when they were taken Lockheed Martin campus as invited guests of a manger who wanted the goats there to break the ice during a managers meeting, every one want to pet the goats) those girls in the pen with the babies are our grand daughters

Daggry checks the babies then goes to the back fence to count the horses, at least that is what it appears that he is doing. Them if the cats are out in their coop he will go to see if they are OK. He is not aggressive to any of these animals. no barking, just curious.

He does well with Sucha our Golden Retriever, she has no enemies. However the Great Pyrenees (Phenix also known as Barky or Fluffy) does not Think He Belongs Here.

We have never let those two be together. or have any direct contact. Also indirect contact is limited as we put Barky in her crate when taking Daggry out (he has his kennel set up in one of the spare bedrooms) He kennels very well, does not bark much if any at all.

4 Likes