Unlimited access >

My new super cool inexpensive tack trunk!!

hey, i didn’t realize it was an old thread either. thanks Bumpkin!!!

VTrider, do you still like your trunk??

i’m thinking the large could be a definite for at the barn, i’m in desperate need of a replacement!! i already have a med sized warner that stays in my trailer for shows.

Trendsetter!!!
But forget the tack trunks!! Check out the awesome barn fans they have. That is going to the top of MY list!!

Is it waterproof?
I already have a Diamond Tack trunk, which I love, although it has to ride in the back of my truck. This would make a good blanket trunk for the coolers, etc which take up all the space at colder shows.
Plus the shiney surfaces will provide hours of amusement between ride times…

There was a GIANT Mahogany wood Tack Trunk for sale at the local Tack Shop.
It was used, but in pretty good nick.
Ellen told me to make an offer so I said going out the door…“oh 100$” although it was marked at about 4 times more than that.
Well wouldn’t you know it the owners took my offer and I now own a trunk that is quite lovely, but makes my large Warner’s trunk look small.
Thank goodness the thing has wheels!!!

It is so large I had to tie the Suburban’s back doors closed, to fit it in for transport.
This trunk is NOT attending any shows, and is being used as a blanket trunk only. hahaha

Member & Recruiter Of The “Sunnieflax Clique”

She used to show registered Brahman bulls (in another life)!!!

Her’s has a red padded top. She will take hour long naps at the shows on top of this thing (try to do that on your custom panelled medium sized Warner’s ). EVERYTHING fits into that trunk. I personally think it is majical!!

Trainer does hate the trunk because he is always having to load/unload it. I believe someone above said they are light weight- NOT!!! I have helped carry this thing & it is verrrrry heavy (or maybe it is all the sh!t crammed into it!!

And I am from Louisiana, land of heat & humidity and the trunk does not seem to get too hot!! It won’t even blind you like the previously described Warner’s when the sun hits that metallic lid!!

So, everybody order ya one of them big ole cow showin’ trunks- Ye Haw!!!

“The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse’s ears”

I like it. I’ve always like the combination of black and silver anyway. One vote for trendsetter!

-Amanda

Hey Cactuskate, if it gets THAT hot, dump all your grooming equipment (horse is ALL sweaty anyway) and fill it with ice and beer!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hitchinmygetalong:
This thread freaked me out when I saw the reply from Cactuskate! THEN I looked at the original posting date! DUH!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I realized that Cactuskate’s posts will always be with us and in our hearts, it makes me feel she is still here

Good lord - I was at a show w/VTrider over the summer and that rubbermaid thing was in front of my stall - I had to sneak out of the barn so no one would think that was MY set up.

bad and ass

I want one!

–We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can’t scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me.

Flash44, now you are talkin’ Pass the lime for my Corona please.

“The older I get, the better I used to be.”

These are nice trunks and in light of the recent thread on matching things perhaps this is appropriate

http://www.vittetoeinc.com/showstopper/showboxes.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lizviola:
Wow, these are uber-cool and exactly what I was looking for a few weeks back! Thank you for Bumpkin-ing!

…I don’t see why you couldn’t get a cover made for 'em???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep - they are wonderful. I have had mine for 1.5 years and I LOVE IT! The padded top is completely washable and so comfy to sit on Plus they are inexpensive. You will loff it - I promise! Sullivan’s Livestock Supply is the best place to get them. They have a website.

And dimensions…

Laurie

I think they look nice. I’m particularly envious about how lightweight they are. I’ve resorted to using my small, wooden Warner’s trunk because at least I can almost rassle it around by myself at shows.

Besides, I’m usually relegated to the farthest tent, or the last row of stalls at a show. So it’s not like I have to be a trend setter! I mean, who sees my stuff “behind the scenes”, anyway?

“Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America”