Unlimited access >

My subscribed topics are gone!

I was subscribed to a long list of topics as a way to bookmark useful and interesting threads so I could find them again - not ones in which I was posting. I can’t find them anywhere! My account now says I have no bookmarks, and all I see is a list of my own posts! Is there a way to retrieve these? This is a huge loss for me! If I’d known i would have saved the pages!

Oh dear … same here - I think. Where are my subscribed threads? I actually came to check them out, especially two. I’m hoping there is just a button or function I haven’t found yet.

I mean, there are YEARS of saved threads and saved private messages in my old “notifications” section. That’s going to be an unwelcome shock if they are all gone. :worried:

Mod1 posted this last week. Sorry, guys :frowning:

Oh! Missed all the alerts & warnings, wasn’t logging in often for a while. :slight_smile:

Well boo, but what’s done is done.

Seriously? This one post was supposed to be the notice to everyone? How about sending out an actual NOTICE to people, to communicate with forum users in a way that works for everyone, that would show up in our inboxes, giving us the information we needed or at minimum telling us to check these alerts?

I’ve been a forum user for years, but I don’t come to the forums every day, or even every week, or sometimes, depending on circumstances, even every month, and I probably wouldn’t have checked wherever that was posted anyway. But I get emails when I receive a message. So you could have sent important information this way but didn’t bother. Instead, since I didn’t happen to check the right part of the forums in the week between your single post and the changeover, apparently I am just out of luck and have lost a list of close to a decade of saved topics, which I cannot recreate. I am deeply unhappy.

2 Likes

I have to say, as a pretty active forum member, I also did not see and/or notice any notifications or anything for new forum walk-throughs or whatever else was done to prep us for the move. It definitely could have been communicated better.

Sorry, @Amordoro.

1 Like

I think the notification of the change over was a pinned banner at the top of the whole forum.

Though I admit, I missed that line of the notification myself and I too am sad to have lost a whole bunch of subscribed threads.

Now to learn how to subscribe to threads again. Betting that is in the facts thread.

Click the box dropdown, then choose Watching

3 Likes

Thank you @JB !

1 Like

You can also bookmark threads or posts that you find useful, and they’ll be saved for you in your profile.

Click the little bookmark button at the bottom of the thread

or on a post, it’s behind the three dots between the flag and reply

and then access your bookmarks by clicking your avatar and then then little bookmark icon that’s between the notification bell and the PM envelope

What JB shows will alert you to new activity on threads. Bookmarking will keep track of stuff that’s not active.

You can also set reminders to followup on threads/posts from the bookmark button.

3 Likes

I’m very sorry we didn’t give sufficient notice about losing subscriptions. I’ve sent a message to the developers if there’s any possibility of them being transferred, or if there is any way I can even access individual user’s subscription lists to download and send them to you directly.

There’s also an option to add a Bookmarked thread sorting option along with My Posts, Categories, etc. We could look into activating that if it sounds like it’s something that could be useful.

3 Likes

If that were possible it would certainly make me very happy, and I really hope you can find a way. I’m feeling very blindsided by this. My subscribed topics list was the cumulative product of years of searching and using these forums. I definitely would have taken screenshots or saved the thread titles if I’d known there was a chance it wouldn’t carry over.

1 Like

I have to agree with this. I didn’t think as much of it at first, but now I’ve looked at that blank notifications screen, when I realize how much I’m losing in both notifications for currently active threads, as well as the history (I think I first started looking in on these forums in the early-ish 2000’s), I am very sorry to lose that library.

Some of the finest horse people in America (and elsewhere) have shared advice and explained mysteries on this forum. I’m glad the historical threads are still here and I hope we can re-gain our pointers to the ones that were the most important to us.

Had no clue a change of any sort was being contemplated. Have to agree that the notification of the change, and of how to save the personal libraries of important threads, was pretty close to non-existent for anyone that didn’t happen to log on in that tiny communications window.

I honestly don’t know where to look for even some of the current threads, they could have been started in a number of different forums. Have to figure out where that one is that’s going now on hoof angles. Don’t remember the title, was just following the notifications link to it. It is a fantastic education that is far beyond what any farrier has ever shared with me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes