MyGiantPony and others with lyme

Just wondering how you were all doing…

Well, I am currently on my second round of antibiotic protical. This “tour” has hit me pretty hard. I have already had one ‘herx’ reaction, leaving me bedridden for about a week.

The good news is that I am tolerating my drugs this time. I am no longer on doxy as my system just could not take it. The bad news is that I am having horrible confusion issues (if anyone else has had this happen, please let me know how is goes). I am supposed to go pick up my horse at the trainers tomorrow but I am terrified to drive there and back. I am so frustrated with the confusion issues but according to my doctor, the Lyme is chronic and in my brain. Oh Joy-

Thankfully I have wonderful neighbors who help me out when I cannot get down to the barn. I am just so frustrated and angry that this confusion has hit me so hard. I thought the physical pain of this disease was hard but I have hit a whole new set of issues. And riding-lol, even at a walk on a trail ride I am useless. The weather here is finally comfortable and perfect riding weather and I just cannot do it.

I am so, so sorry. Hopefully the new and better drugs will eliminate the problem. It’s a very insidious disease.