Unlimited access >

Myler Bits?

[QUOTE=quietann;7496958]
My horse’s previous owner had her in a MB-02 Dee or eggbutt and she was happy that way. She was less happy with me, but not terrible. Then we ended up with a trainer who thought it was “gimmicky” and did a variety of bit swaps before settling on a Stubben EZ control loose ring (I don’t see how that’s less gimmicky than a Myler MB-02, but whatever.)

After several years and several bit changes, she “inherited” another horse’s KK about 18 months ago, and she is good enough in it that I’m not tempted to bit-shop again.[/QUOTE]

see, i’m surprised a horse that went well in a M-CS would go well in the stubben EZ control… those bits are like night and day - those stubbens are RIGID.

Love my Myler comfort. When my gelding was a youngster, it seemed as though he had a problem fitting a regular sized french link in his mouth, so I tried the comfort. He went great in it. I sent him off for training twice- once for dressage, the other to get him started over fences. Both looked at the bit, asked if I cared if they tried other bits on him, and both said he definitely goes best in the Myler. I also have a friend who sent her racehorse for training with a D-ring Myler comfort, as she goes really well in it. Trainer asked if he could try other bits. Next week he was calling to see if he could try her bit on a few other horses.

[QUOTE=candysgirl;7496351]
I tried several different styles and my Arab hated them all. Head flinging, curling behind contact, etc.[/QUOTE]

My Friesian-cross did the same thing and this was even before I got on him - just in the aisle after putting the bridle on. Tried adjusting it and it didn’t help. Tried riding just to see and he mainly curled to get away from it. Switched him back to his KK-Ultra and he was back to normal.

I have my old OTTB in the Myler level 1 loose ring snaffle. He has a very shallow palate and he goes better in this than any other bit.
https://www.smartpakequine.com/myler-level-1-loose-ring-8447p?cm_mmc=Google--googlepla--TES-_-2109710757&source=pla&gclid=CMi684mDs70CFcqUfgodgWUAdQ

I really want their combination bit. (part bit, part noseband)

[QUOTE=Cindyg;7499638]
I really want their combination bit. (part bit, part noseband)[/QUOTE]

That is what I use on my endurance mare and I (well I should say we) love it. I tried a lot of bits with her and she was very uncomfortable in most of them, tolerant of some- but she’s been completely happy in the Myler Combo bit (and I have brakes!!0