Unlimited access >

N and Central FL: recommendations for trainer to back a colt

Any recommendations for someone kind and considerate in the N to central FL area who could get a coming 4 yo homebred backed for me? I’ve had nothing but injuries etc for the last 18 months so am way behind with him and trying to get fit myself but it’s time for him to be backed and learn more about steering. Thanks in advance

Whole Horse Equitation might be worth a look. She’s searchable on Facebook.

Thank you!

1 Like

Are you primarily English or western? What discipline? I knew some good horse people in that area before we moved.

1 Like

Thanks! Primarily English but either is fine. I just want him backed by someone kind and considerate .

What breed? One of the nicest trainers I worked with specializes in Morgans. They were in Gainesville.

hes a full TB.

I cannot find the number for the Morgan trainer, but they were more focused on showing. If you think a college student might be good for just backing your young horse, there are some great boarding and training facilities in Gainesville. One place where a lot of UF students ride and train is Canopy Oaks Trails. Nice people with an assortment of horses they lease to students. The owner doesn’t train anymore, I don’t think, but she has some talented students. They always have ads on Craigslist for leasing horses and summer camps. I rehomed a horse with her once and I was impressed how she found him a good home. Her students tuned him up.

1 Like

Thank you for looking!!!

1 Like

No problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m also curious about good places to send babies to be started around here - particularly for dressage focused warmbloods. Surely there are some good young horse starters in Ocala.