Unlimited access >

NA based Jumper Stallion Recommendations

I have a 1.30m jumper mare that I’d like to breed in 2023. She is an older maiden so fresh cooled semen is a must. She’s by Tinkas Lad (Tinkas Boy x Farnese x Marlon) and out of a TB mare (Purple Comet x Lord Gaylord x Barbizon). Super jump, great mind, but could use a stronger top line, longer legs and a better canter. No registry preferences. She’s built like a tank, so despite having a lot of blood, a leggy refining stallion would be preferred. A stallion with a record at 1.30m+ preferred as well. No greys. Would love to get my next jumper out of her.

I’m thrilled with my Casquino filly from this year. She is tall, leggy, a beautiful mover with a super canter, and enjoys jumping bushes and creeks in her pasture. Temperament wise she is already much easier than her mother. There is also a Casquino colt at the same farm now, I haven’t met him yet but I’m told that he is the same type and the two yearlings I saw last year were the same too. They have some other nice stallions too and two nice young ones up being inspected this year.

Spycoast has some very nice stallions and were very helpful answering questions and helping me pick which stallion would be the best match when I was talking to them last year. In the end, I got an amazing opportunity to use a frozen stallion that isn’t widely available so I went with that but I was really happy with the experience with them. I believe not all their stallions are necessarily available fresh though. They could be worth talking to as well.

I’ve seen some really nice ones by Camargue at Tallin Farm and they are great at answering questions as well.

If you decide you aren’t set against grey, Jaguar has some lovely young horses around, but he is homozygous grey.

1 Like