Unlimited access >

Name suggestions!

Our mare just had a colt yesterday and we are thinking of show names/registered names. He is going to be registered Dutch. His father is Popeye K and his mother’s name is Innisfree. We don’t care if his name relates to his parents, but any creative ones that do would be cool! He has a big flashy blaze and 3 very tall white socks (the two hind socks go past his hocks). Would love to hear some suggestions! Thank you! :smiley:

If he is KWPN (dutch) I believe that the first letter of his name must correspond with the year in which he is born–not his dam and sire’s names.

If I’m not mistaken, foals born in 2013 must have names beginning with the letter “I”. That’s a tough one.

[QUOTE=Eclectic Horseman;7092228]
If he is KWPN (dutch) I believe that the first letter of his name must correspond with the year in which he is born–not his dam and sire’s names.[/QUOTE]

You are correct! The letter for this year is I which makes things tricky. If necessary I may choose a name and then place “I’m” in front of it. And it doesn’t have to relate to the parents names, but if anyone thinks of anything clever that incorporates them, that is a bonus :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=txhjgirl;7092241]
And it doesn’t have to relate to the parents names, but if anyone thinks of anything clever that incorporates them, that is a bonus :)[/QUOTE]

How about “IamwhatIam”

http://3vilowhereru.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/i-am-what-i-am-popeye-the-sailor-man/

:lol::lol:

That is AWESOME.

I think you should name him I’m Seeing Double…

Inn Konspicuous

IPOP

What color is he?

For some reason I’m thinking of “Independence”.

Iain

His dam’s name sounds Irish. Do you want something Irish?

“Ivo” is a Dutch (Germanic) name related to “yew” – maybe Ivory something for all his white?

Too bad you can’t name him The Quiet Man (set in Innisfree).

I’d call him

Indie Pop -which combines both names
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_pop

or Iggy Pop

you may have to google that if you are youngish

ps- can’t stand the’ IMA/ I’m a’ names but lots of people love them I guess

Oh please, not another one. That has got to be the most common I name.

I’ve Gots Socks

But I really like IamwhatIam.

There’s also-

Icona Pop (a Swedish band)

Icon

Ironman

Internet Explorer

I’ve Got Pop (relates to all the chrome and his sire)
Irresistible
Iliad
Ilya
Iconic/Icon
Ironic
Ivor
Itair
Incoming
Intellect
Imminence
Inclination
I Vow
I’ll Take The Fifth

Photos would help! Congratulations! What are the mare’s sire/dam?
PennyG

Iggy Pop

Iconic

Iye Iye Captain

I’m Popular

Indiana Jones
Imhotep
Ibis
Iroquois
Indigo

Poppin or Pop-In? Does it have to be an I name?

I-Candy or I-Kandi

Stay with me, here: Inish Pop
Innis/Inish is the Irish word for isle (from his mother, Innisfree), so Inish Pop would mean Pop Island, which could be a play on Popeye. Just a thought. BTW, my whole thought process started with Yeats’ poem, The Lake Isle of Innisfree: English student here. :slight_smile:

Icarus, Iago, Inca, Ice, INXS.