Unlimited access >

Name suggestions

I recently purchased a weanling and the breeder has given me the opportunity to pick his registered name provided I use her breeder Prefix (VA). This was a surprise to me (next time, communicate more!) so I’m at a loss. He’s out of an Arabian mare and by a section D welsh cob stallion. His barn name is Flash.

Some suggestions:

Play off barn name Flash
Play off farm name Starry Nights
Play off his Arabian and Cob breeding (caution, the Welsh language is very difficult)
Play off a alcohol name. I have a Gin and Tonic and a Scotch at Dawn already by accident so I have a theme going.

If I can’t find anything I’ll go with what she has picked for him when I send in his registrations

1 Like

“Starry Nights Comet”. Comet is quite a common name in Welsh breeding going back over the centuries. Flash as a stable name is then still appropriate.

The Welsh language has more vowels than English. The problem with horse names in Welsh is that announcers can never pronounce them.

1 Like

Shooting Star

Is Flash Gordon too obvious?!

VA Northern Lights, VA Flash Dance

3 Likes

Ooh, I like VA Flash Dance!

4 Likes

VA Flash Blend (that gets both the drink reference and Flash in the name)

How to “Flash Blend” Your Way to a Better Frothy Drink - PUNCH (punchdrink.com)

It would be fun to work off of the italian “va”…VA Beviamo (let’s drink), VA Ballare (let’s dance). I do like Flash dance too though!