Unlimited access >

Natural Wonder Pets Products

Hi all, I’m looking for some supplements to help my nearly 14 yo greyhound with bad arthritis. He’s already on Librela and Gabapentin plus CBD Oil and he has a good life quality overall but I am wondering if I can help him more. I found these products, do you know them? Did some of you use them for your pets?

I have never used or heard of that brand but when I looked at their products for dog arthritis,
my opinion is that for the price
and the ingredients, there are
far better products available.

For my dogs with arthritis and/or
hip and joint problems, I’ve had good results with several products:
Cosequin
Dasuquin w/msm
Lubrisyn HA
100x HA
Glycoflex
Phycox
plus more than I can recall.
Sometime one product will help for a while then we switch to another.

I used Adaquan, injected by my vet on my old man for over a year with success. After the inital first few rounds, he went monthly and after a year went to every 3 weeks for several more months before his heart gave out on him.

There is another injectable that has been used on cats with much success and they just started using it for dogs…Its Solencia. I will use this on my next senior dog when she needs joint care.

I’ve been giving my older dog (16 years old, a Border Terrier) Smartpak’s chews for seniors: SmartCanine Joint Senior Soft Chews:

https://www.smartpakequine.com/ps/smartcanine-joint-senior-soft-chews-17428

We’ve used them for a couple of years now (I switched from Adequan soft chews) and have been very happy with the results. He seems more comfortable, and they’re very palatable.

Thank you!
@MunchingonHay the Solesia canine version is Librela, he’s been on it for about a year now, it really helps but he has some off days anyway. Based on your experiences, I’ll have a talk with the vet about Adequan and I’ll have a look to Smartpack’s products but I believe they don’t ship to Europe

1 Like

I don’t know if NSAIDs can be taken along with your current meds, or if you just didn’t include them in your post, but I’ve used both Deramax and Galliprant for arthritis with very good results.

The Deramax worked very well on my very large elderly lab mix ex-stray with bad hip dysplasia and associated arthritis.

Once Riley had completed the first few weeks of Adaquan it was night and day. Then the plan was to monthly injections which we did for a year and as he really started to slow down and have a hard time getting around, I pumped him to every 3 weeks.

The vet techs injected in right by his point of hip/pelvis area (where his arthritis was) really deeply.

I could have given it IM, but this deeper injection was what the vet recommended.

Glad to know you have Solesia/Librela. If it was available when my old man dog was still with us, I would have used that.

He was on Meloxicam for a long time but vet decided it was not a good thing to give it for such a long time, even of his blood test were ok. I have it on hand and I’m allowed to give it if he has a bad day.
I’ll ask her about the Adequan shot, I called her and she said she prefers to see the old man, so we’ve scheduled and appointment for Tuesday.
For the moment thank you all.for your help, I’ll keep you updated!

2 Likes

Once I get through my current supply of Lubrisyn, I’m switching my three greyhounds to 4Cyte. They currently get Flexadin, which I like. But the equine version of 4Cyte made my 22 year old gelding feel so MUCH better (and it stopped the snap, crackle, and pop in his joints). I mean, it made a dramatic difference, unlike any I’ve seen from a joint supplement before. So I am moving all of the horses and dogs to it. I can try to report back here once I’ve made it past the loading dose phase.

1 Like

Dasuquin worked really well for us. Just note you shouldn’t buy it (or probably other meds) from Amazon, there are a lot of dupes. I ordered from Chewy.