Unlimited access >

Naughty donkey. New snow video

There are few things more eye popping than tumbling out the front door at the butt crack of dawn to let the dogs out and almost tripping over a mini donkey sleeping on your front porch. Apparently, the gate latch, though cleverly designed, was no match for nimble donkey lips in the wee hours of the morning. Tony, the two year old mini donkey, was happy to see us and scrambled up to show us what he did to our poor potted plants and the pumpkins on the porch. The little criminal.

Why is it that an escaped horse will sneak off to a tasty spot while an escaped donkey will try to break into the house? We’ve rescued several donkeys over the years and every single time one got out, they brayed their triumph while running in circles around the house, or made nose marks on a window until you nearly jumped out of your skin, or, apparently, laid in wait to ambush you on the front porch?

I did not bother with a picture this morning, but here he is stealing my hammer for the fifteenth time the other day. And people wonder why farm chores take so long around here…

49 Likes

Oh my gosh…adorable💗.

4 Likes

Sounds like a goat! They are mischievous little things.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh!!! I love him…

3 Likes

He just wanted to come in and see you!

6 Likes

I :heartpulse: Tony the mini donk!

2 Likes

Be happy; it’s because he loves you.

6 Likes

Tony wants to let you all know that I’m telling lies on him. He’s totally innocent. He’s a victim of typecasting. Just look at this innocent face….

28 Likes

Most persecuted mini-donk ever… a victim of fake news.

7 Likes

Fellow donkey owner here and you have bad intel. :sunglasses:

Tony’s version is: The front porch potted plants and pumpkins were minutes away from morphing into unimaginable creatures that were going to trap you in your home and cut off all contact to and from your house. Tony caught wind of it and swiftly took matters into his mouth and hooves to save your life. :raised_hands:

12 Likes

Tony looks like a precious angel who only wanted to come inside and sleep on the bed and definitely did not accidentally-on-purpose destroy any porch pumpkins :slight_smile: And he wasn’t stealing the hammer, he was trying to help you do chores. It’s not his fault he doesn’t have thumbs.

9 Likes

Reviving this thread because Tony is ridiculously cute. Our new cow, Violet, is getting much more friendly, Tony had to say hi today.

27 Likes

And the good boy can carry a mini pack saddle now. We got the mail together this evening.

31 Likes

We love Tony!

How is your first winter in the new place?

2 Likes

Lovely! Tony was a bit freaked out by the white stuff. He doesn’t mind it anymore, but he was funny the first few days. Here he is when the snow was as high as his belly!

18 Likes

I ordered him a better halter now that he’s 3 1/2 and finished growing. I don’t like how this one fits on his nose. Too long in the cheek pieces. I found one specifically for mini donkeys.

2 Likes

So…
Will you be letting him into the house now?

4 Likes

Lol!

1 Like

Looks innocent to me. I think you must have been having a nightmare and imagined the bad behavior. :wink:

7 Likes

Here’s our little (non) delinquent

Monte

How could you possibly not trust that face?

27 Likes