Unlimited access >

Navicular Syndrome in Jumpers

Has anyone had success with OsPhos for navicular in a horse with a jumping career?

I do Eventing with my mare and have had wonderful luck with it. She was diagnosed as a 5 year old with “the worst case of navicular he has ever seen” in a horse her age. We gave her a round of Osphos, put her on Equibone and put regular shoes on her and she has been 100% sound ever since. That was almost 3 years ago. 6 months post Osphos we had another set of radiographs taken and the vet said she showed “a pristine skyline with no signs of navicular”. She has had yearly x-rays since just to be sure the jumping isn’t causing any damage and she has stayed perfect.

2 Likes

Flaxenfilly23 - I’ve been hoping for great results with Osphos given to my horse 5 weeks ago. He has improved a lot, but is still on Previcox and still finishing up a bone supplement. When did you see complete soundness? What is Equibone?

Flaxenfilly23 - I’ve been hoping for great results with Osphos given to my horse 5 weeks ago. He has improved a lot, but is still on Previcox and still finishing up a bone supplement. When did you see complete soundness? What is Equibone?

My mare was only occasionally slightly off before our vet visit. I saw improvement within 2 weeks though

1 Like