Unlimited access >

Navy blue on a black horse?

Navy blue for a black horse? Is that a good color combination? I’ve seen a few people do this but I’m not sure how i feel about it. Any opinions? :confused:
Thanks!

Yes!

Yes! I use a lot of navy on my (mostly black) piebald; really rich navy (with gold piping!) looks fab on black :slight_smile:

I think it is a lovely combination.

She’s dark dark bay, but I think it looks alright.

Would look sharp with white piping. I’m thinking saddle pad. What are you talking about that you want navy blue?

[QUOTE=Mr.Shi;8237157]
Navy blue for a black horse? Is that a good color combination? I’ve seen a few people do this but I’m not sure how i feel about it. Any opinions? :confused:
Thanks![/QUOTE]
Are you asking a general question about the combination? If so, what difference does it make what any of us thinks.

If you are asking because you are considering it for yourself, I think you answered your own question - you don’t like it. So again, what difference does it make what any of us thinks?

What I am saying is: trust yourself. If you like it, do it. If you don’t, you don’t have to make sure it’s ok with anyone else that you don’t.

Navy looks good on most horses, in my opinion, and blacks can carry most colors.

I use navy on my very loud pinto-- its a “color” with out being too bright.

the trick is to get enough “blue” so it doesn’t look like a werid shade of black.

One of the reason I picked Navy for the base of my barn colors is that I think it looks great on any color horse. You can jazz it up a little with a bright piping or trim, or if you get a plain dark navy w/ self trim, it’ll almost disappear on a black horse. Keep in mind, many black horses fade so much over the summer, it’s really like dressing a dark bay.

Thumbs up on the navy.

[QUOTE=SillyHorse;8237741]
Are you asking a general question about the combination? If so, what difference does it make what any of us thinks.

If you are asking because you are considering it for yourself, I think you answered your own question - you don’t like it. So again, what difference does it make what any of us thinks?

What I am saying is: trust yourself. If you like it, do it. If you don’t, you don’t have to make sure it’s ok with anyone else that you don’t.[/QUOTE]

Good grief. OP didn’t say he didn’t like it. He said he’s not sure how he feels about it.

Obviously what you think, SillyHorse, is that you don’t care enough what OP thinks to read his post accurately!

This is COTH. This is where people ask each other for opinions and feedback.

If it’s a true black horse, OP, one who gleams blue-black in sunlight, then I think navy could look good. If he gleams reddish black, it could still look good.

I like royal blue on blacks.

I think navy is a universally complementary color and looks good with any color horse. Just like purple and turquoise look good on most people.

Since the purchase of my navy BOT pad, I’m switching my horse’s colors from brown or purple to navy (he’s brown, nothing exotic). The navy brings out his lighter shades.

Go for it!

Thanks everyone, i usually go royal blue with white piping on my dark horse; but i think i’ll try navy now! :yes:

[QUOTE=RPM;8238276]
Good grief. OP didn’t say he didn’t like it. He said he’s not sure how he feels about it.

Obviously what you think, SillyHorse, is that you don’t care enough what OP thinks to read his post accurately!

This is COTH. This is where people ask each other for opinions and feedback.

If it’s a true black horse, OP, one who gleams blue-black in sunlight, then I think navy could look good. If he gleams reddish black, it could still look good.

I like royal blue on blacks.[/QUOTE]
I absolutely read the OP’s post accurately. S/he asked strangers on the internet whether s/he should like a color combination. (I’m not going to assume the OP’s gender from a screen name.) Then the OP said s/he wasn’t sure how s/he felt about it. That told me s/he didn’t like it. Don’t you know when you like or don’t like a color combination? If you don’t know, would you ask strangers on the internet whether you should like it? That’s all I’m saying.

Yes, this is CoTH and I, too, am permitted to express my opinion, whatever it is, and whether you like it or not.

if you follow fashion rules, those for men and women, navy on black is fine. Navy on brown is not fine, human-wise. (Not supposed to wear navy clothing with brown shoes or vice versa.)

So put navy on your black horse if you wish. I’m not wild about pink on any horse, but know a Cother whose horse wears a lot of pink!

lol I thought it was navy+ black is a human no-no. I remember because my one job required a navy tshirt and black pants and everyone hated it.

Back to horses…my black mare (RIP) looked fine in all colors. Definitely the best in purple though! Honestly, I’m not sure what color horse would look “bad” in navy.