NEDA/Para Equestrian Championships

The NEDA Fall Festival of Dressage will take place Tuesday thru Sunday, September 13 -18, at HITS on the Hudson, Saugerties, NY. As I like to say, it takes a village to host the NEDA FF. I like to think that the village includes all the GMOs of Region 8. We hope you’ll consider volunteering at this year’s competition.
The Breed Show, which includes the GAIG/USDF Breeders Championships New England Series begins on Tuesday, September 13, at noontime and goes thru Thursday at noontime. The Dressage Competition starts on Thursday, the 15th, at 8 AM with the USDF Regional Championship classes and the NEDA Sweepstakes. The CDI-W Y/J Saugerties begins Friday and continues through Sunday.
This year, it is NEDA’s pleasure to welcome the USEF Para Equestrian Dressage National Championship and a CPEDI*** Friday thru Sunday, September 16 thru 18.
We need every type of volunteer for this event; scorers, scribes, stewards, awards, and runners. Friday thru Sunday, we will be adding three additional judges for the ParaEquestrian Events. That means more volunteers than ever before.
As I’ve found out in the past, Sunday often turns out to be the most difficult time to find volunteers. If you are from the Hudson Valley area and are able to volunteer on Sunday, it would be a BIG help. Thursday often proves to be the next most difficult day to get enough volunteers when both the breed show and the performance show are underway.
If you can volunteer one day, six days or any number in between, we need you and we will appreciate your support. If you travel a long distance, NEDA is happy to offer overnight accommodations for every full day of work you can offer. We will match you up with another volunteer as your roommate, or better yet, bring a friend who also wants to volunteer. Viola, it’s like being on a working vacation in the beautiful Hudson River Valley, with breakfast and lunch included.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to be in touch, either by email (willowdck@aol.com) or by phone (508-539-3534). I am happy to work with you to figure out where your talents can best be used.
Come join us! Meet old friends and/or make new ones. We really do have fun. I’ll look forward to hearing from you and I hope to see you in September!
Thank you!

Yours truly,

Debbie Carr-Kirk 
							NEDA FF Volunteer Coordinator