Need craft ideas for while I'm out.

I unfortunately was diagnosed with an Acanthamoeba infection, and after a month and a half of being in dark rooms, I’m bored to death. Since this is normally an infection that can take 4-6 months to rid the body of, and even longer to regain eyesight, I’ve been looking to find something I can do with all this time that can be beneficial at the barn later.

I was thinking maybe knitting for ear bonnets or something like that. I wish I had a good sewing machine so I could make a tack trunk cover or something similar but they are out of my budget for a craft to pass the time.

Hoping you guys have some ideas that I haven’t thought of! TIA

You could make cross country helmet covers. You could sew those by hand. Ditto for fleece saddle covers.

How about repurposing old blue jeans into grooming aprons? I’ve seen them turned into gardening aprons. Only difference would be size and placement of pockets based on the appropriate tools.

Also painting horse shoes (maybe your farrier with give you the old ones he is replacing) into stall name plates for the horses. String a ribbon through nail holes to hang. Voila! DD made some really cute ones years ago. Easy to do with the enamel paints used for models.

Or decorate/paint grooming tools with horse’s/owners names

do you crochet? I have seen crochet ear bonnets on Ravelry dot com. this is a free knitting, crocheting and other fiber crafts website. lots of patterns for almost anything. how about cowls for the riders in the winter? no ends to drag.

I had sewn up cloth ear bonnets. these you can do my hand as there will be no stress on it for the most part. I used fun, colorful cotton fabrics and for the ear holes, I used the bottom of a water bottle to measure. the ears, more like long bananas.

or do something with ribbons? there are a lot of ribbon ideas out on Pinterest.

good luck! I hope you heal quickly