Unlimited access >

Need Custom or Off the Rack Bonnet Recommendations for Horse with a Large Head

My mare has a massive head and every time I think I’m close to finding a bonnet which would fit her, I’m out of luck. So, I’m turning to you for custom bonnet recommendations. I prefer Mattes, PS of Sweden and Equifit styles. I prefer to stay around $100 b/c I want to buy at least 2-3.

I thought PS would work as she wears their largest size, but according to their size chart, it won’t work for her.

Her right and left ears are 9" and the space between her ears are 6.5", the space above her eyes to tip of her ears are 12". I’m also hoping that I just didn’t measure her properly.

Please give me any recommendations whether custom or off the rack as I’m over it all!

I have 3 from here, great customer service and the quality is amazing for the price.

https://www.facebook.com/ifthebonnetfits

I haven’t ordered from them, but Bascule Bonnets does custom work and it looks like great quality for a good price. I think you can find them on Etsy and Facebook.

Le Mieux makes an XL size, but I believe you have to order from them directly (I’ve never seen any third-party retailers stock them). It is the only bonnet I have ever found to fit my clydesdale, who has quite a big head, so you might give them a try.

The Hangry Mare makes beautiful bonnets!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! Looking at all your recommendations now!

FUN Bonnets “For 'Ur Nag” | Facebook makes all KINDS of custom colors and trims