Unlimited access >

Need Help ID'ing this PJ Saddle Serial Number

I just took a used PJ Pro saddle on trial and I really love it. However, I’m having trouble decoding the serial number and was wondering if you guys could help/point me in the right direction.
I basically want to know what year it was made, info regarding flap, etc.

Serial: 081603
Model: PJ P17 3A

Thanks so much

You don’t have the year in that information. You’ve got the serial number, which is the saddle’s unique identifier and that it is a PJ Pro, 17" seat, with an A flap (normal, but I believe it is slightly forward. The X is the really forward flap and the L used to be the standard and it is a lot straighter). The 3, I believe is the knee roll information. It would be medium thickness. I’ll check mine today to see if the numbers line up with what I know my saddle to be.

I am unsure if this information is the same for the PJ saddles, though. Mine is a BD and they may, although not likely, changed some of their stamping protocol.

Isn’t the 08 2008? I had one but don’t remember. :frowning:

The serial number starts with the year made os it is a 2008.

It is a partition which is our semi deep saddle. The size is a 17" It has a 3A flap. Which is on the shorter side of regular for that seat size. The A is the flap shape which is normal forward. If there had been a number after the 3A it would tell you what size knee roll.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hmm I’m confused - it is labeled PJ Pro by Bruno Delgrange and doesn’t say anything about partition - I thought partitions were the “new” PJs?

Partitions are NOT the “new PJs”. Bruno Delgrange has always made Partitions. They were marketed by Pierre in the US.

Prior to 2009
PJ Pro (sometimes had a P before the seat size) was a partition. It’s a semi deep.
PJ Lite (sometimes had a A before the seat size) was an Athena.At the time was the flattest.
PJ Original (sometimes had a V before the seat size) was a Virtuose. It’s the deep seat.

Bruno Delgrange still makes Partitions, Athenas, Virtuoses just as we did before PJ and during our relationship with PJ. Delgrange also makes cross country monoflaps and dressage saddles and have for years.

We have added a new Flat saddle called the Rivolli to our line up.

Feel free to ask any other questions. I know it gets a bit confusing, I am here to help.

This was very helpful, thanks so much for your help!

No problem. Happy I could clear a few things up.