need moral support

hey guys, im going through a “down” phase riding wise amd am gettingg depressed about it. The lovely horses i was riding were retired and not I feel like I cant ride anything else properly and this frustrates me. Im guessing the ra pain doesnt help(going to dr next week) and lately I dont want to ride or be at the barn…

help I hate feeling like this!!

I wish I could help. I feel the same way. I can’t ride the horse I’ve ridden and worked with for the past 5 1/2 years and I don’t feel confident enough to try a strange horse. One of my friends keeps offering to let me ride her big green horse but I want something small and bombproof.

Riding helps keep the pain away–without it I don’t feel good enough to ride.

I have been trying to keep riding this same horse for the past couple of years but the barn is crappy and now I can’t ride the horse at all.

Wish I could do something …

I just thought this deserved bumping up for others to see …

I am glad to see you are wise to not want to start off on a strange horse.
See which of the other horses has the best attitude and seems to be a good friendly type. I do not like to ride a big tall horse either. Too far to fall and I do not bounce like I did when I was young.
See how they relate to you on the ground. They might become your friend by just bringing them a goody now and then.
Then see how a short ride goes with supervision.
I know how you feel about the cold and rain. I am staying inside and don’t go out much unless I have to.
I think the horses feel the same way. My dog looks out the door and sees the rain and cold wind and says “forget it”.
He does go out to go potty but he runs back for the house.
I understand and feel the cold too.
Hang in there, Spring is only a few more months and there will be flowers and sunshine again.
In the meantime bundle up.
kind regards, sadlmakr