Unlimited access >

Need Reco for Jumper Trainer/Barns - Los Angeles/Ventura Areas

I’ve seen some of the threads from the past about trainers in the LA / Ventura areas, but was hoping for a more recent update.

Can anyone recommend a good jumper trainer and rider? Someone who listens and is good with big jumpers (1.30m+). I’m out of commission as I heal from back surgery, but I need to find a place to move my horse. The barn he’s at now is really far away and isn’t getting the care that he needs to. I want to find a good barn with quality care and a trainer who listens, and adapts to each horse (opposed to a cookie cutter program). The trainer needs to be able to ride…I don’t just want an ‘on the ground’ trainer who has “amateurs” who are paid to do the riding.

I appreciate any recommendations from Ventura to Burbank. Thank you!!

Mark Watring is in the area you mentioned. He won the PanAm Games Gold Medal in 2003 - good with the horses, great with people and his wife, too.

I tried to find his info because I had a friend recommend him too, but can’t find a website or anything. I heard he was in TO area…you don’t happen to have any contact info for him, do you? :slight_smile:

Check your private messages.