need recommendations for at home balance exercises for core and lower back

I have sciatica, lower back pain from all sorts of problems ( overweight, right leg shorter than left, 30+ years around horses, car accidents etc) plus neck injuries from a car accident. I live on Ibuprofen and joint supplements.
As I posted in another thread, I am currently looking for an orthopedic doctor to work with but in the meantime, I need some easy core strengthening exercises to help my balance.
Any suggestions?

I use an exercise ball. The big one that you sit on. They made me use one in physical therapy after I had surgery on my neck a couple of years ago. After my insurance paid PT was over, I bought one myself. I think it was a big help, balance wise, when I started riding again post surgery (I didn’t ride for almost 6mos.), and I still use it. There are a lot of exercises with it that I can’t do, because of my neck, but you may be able to do them. If you know a physical therapist they should be able to give you pages of exercises to do with it. I’m sure you could also find lots of instruction online, but be careful that you know which are helpful, but not harmful, for any “condition” you might have.

BTW, I was also diagnosed with sciatica a month ago and have been getting acupuncture treatments. Have you tried that for the pain? It’s helping me a lot. I was actually coming on here to start a thread about that myself.

Using an exercise ball can be a challenging way. But it improves core alignment and muscle strength, flexibility and coordination. You can try this core exercise: Balance Touch. Mountain climbers are tough too. But I like them. :slight_smile: