Unlimited access >

Neighbor issues

It is so hard for me to watch things people do with animals sometimes. New neighbors moved in a while back, and got a puppy. He is really cute, seems very sweet.
They have a very tall fence in the back yard, but seem bound and determined to let this dog get on the busy road next to their house. They’re now jogging him off lead. I went through the intersection a few days ago and stopped at the stop sign, my attention on the jogger - and then realized the dog was right in front of my car. This afternoon she was out and waved for me to stop because he was in the road. She grabbed him and I could not keep my big mouth closed and said, “He’s going to end up getting hit,” and she said, “I know” in an exasperated tone.
I don’t want to see him get hit or hit him. I just can’t understand why they won’t put a leash on him or use the fence.
:pensive:

9 Likes

Simply idiots ! So very sad !

Call animal control or the sheriffs office depending on your area. I’m sure there are leash laws/this dog could cause a car crash affecting people. Tell them it’s been a regular occurence and let them go talk to the owners. I’ve had to do this two times with different neighbors and it did help. At least then if the dog is hit and killed you tried instead of just watching the train wreck come.

6 Likes