Unlimited access >

Network to help stranded friends

My mom went to pick people up from Austin Bergstrom.

5 months down…6 to go
(OMG, I totally missed month 4!!)

It’s really nice to see everyone rallying together at a time like this.

What a nice idea LH.

One tends to feel real out of it being out West. We can only watch, read and hear of those in the midst of all the confusion. While prayers go out at each story of an individual’s plight, I still feel so removed and helpless.

Though we may not be logistically able to help, I have my email listed and would be there for anyone that is overwhelmed with the world that is so so close to them. Sometimes a distant vent can be helpful.

I emailed my whole address book with a “thoughts of you” and have received some very nice responses. These are the times we need our friends the most.

I am proud to be a part of this caring group.

“The older I get, the better I used to be.”

SLW those of us in the research profession are reacting and getting the word out to the airports that we will open our facility to these special animals where possible.

I am not sure but I believe there is a network of vet clinics near our airport who take care of the issues involving pets in transit. There is usually someone in the larger international airports who is responsible for these critters, however research animals are often overlooked in their special needs. The average vet slinic is not set up to accept them.

I know I’m a little late on this post, but I live RIGHT next door to the Myrtle Beach International Airport. My parents and I both live here and would be honored to help out in any way we can. Even thought we are far away from the events…It has caused an impact on everyone around. Natalie

You’re only as good as the judge thinks you are…

If anyone ends up in Wichita Kansas [ha] email me crazymisspriss@hotmail.com

I am 5 minutes from the Roanoke airport and my parents are about an hour from Charlotte-Douglas. Send email if needed. Pam, this is a great idea.

I’m 35 mins from Jax.airport,I know many planes were unloaded here and not allowed to continue,if you know anyone that needs help,themselves or animals that may be in transit please get in touch,I dont mind going to pick them up or collect animals.

I’m about 5 minutes from Raleigh/Durham International Airport (RDU)in Raleigh, NC. I live in a dorm room, but we have a couch, and we’d be happy to help out in any way we can.(plus, we’re college students and have plenty of FOOD!!) My number is 919-512-2163 and 252-671-0610 (cell phone)

Rachel and Moon
www.geocities.com/rach99nc

Hoope, thanks for your insight.

I’m south of Kansas City if anyone is stranded.

My oldest daughter just got home from work in out little town of 5,000 and the lines for gasline were very long.

SLW

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baileybff:
I know I’m a little late on this post, but I live RIGHT next door to the Myrtle Beach International Airport. My parents and I both live here and would be honored to help out in any way we can. Even thought we are far away from the events…It has caused an impact on everyone around. Natalie
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking for a little humor on a bad day, I had to smile at “Myrtle Beach International Airport”. You are probably safe unless you have direct flights to Kabul. Where do overseas flights go? When I grew up in VT., I lived 45 linutes away from the Burlington, VT International Airport". One runway, a shack for a terminal and one flight per week to Montreal (one hour’s drive away)

Perhaps one small way we can help, even if just a little, is to open our homes to stranded air travelers known to BB members.

If you know of anyone who is stranded because of their plane landing at the closest airport, perhaps we could get a network going to provide a home cooked meal, a bed and a big hug. Please post the airport/city so that COTH BB’ers in that area can offer some hospitality.

Part of the problem is feeling so helpless – Maybe this is one way some of us can make a small difference in the next couple of days.

Oh, BTW, I am in Lexington, KY and have a guest room … and horses that need exercising ( <—a [very] little humor on this dark day – and isn’t the weather incongruous – 78 degrees, light wind and its an absolutely beautiful fall day… How can nature be so wonderful and mankind be so evil today?)

[This message was edited by Lord Helpus on Sep. 11, 2001 at 04:11 PM.]

While I’m in central PA and it’s unlikely anyone would be anywhere near me, I know my parents would be more than happy to help anyone if they’re stranded at BWI. It’s about 5-10 minutes from my house, so feel free to email me at edempsey@wilson.edu and I can direct people to my parents.

“Technology is my friend, and sooner or later I will beat my friend into submission.”

There are supposed to be a lot of flights diverted into Vancouver (I think they said maybe 4000 passengers total), I know a few of you live around there.

Aleesha