Unlimited access >

Network to help stranded friends

Perhaps one small way we can help, even if just a little, is to open our homes to stranded air travelers known to BB members.

If you know of anyone who is stranded because of their plane landing at the closest airport, perhaps we could get a network going to provide a home cooked meal, a bed and a big hug. Please post the airport/city so that COTH BB’ers in that area can offer some hospitality.

Part of the problem is feeling so helpless – Maybe this is one way some of us can make a small difference in the next couple of days.

Oh, BTW, I am in Lexington, KY and have a guest room … and horses that need exercising ( <—a [very] little humor on this dark day – and isn’t the weather incongruous – 78 degrees, light wind and its an absolutely beautiful fall day… How can nature be so wonderful and mankind be so evil today?)

[This message was edited by Lord Helpus on Sep. 11, 2001 at 04:11 PM.]

If anyone is stranded near Philadelphia, I’m here with a very large, empty house and a father who can certainly sympathize (he just returned from NYC via Trenton somehow). Drop me a line if you need anything, I’m more than willing to help, and I’m certain my parents are as well.

Emily

I know I’m a little late in joining this conversation, but I live about twenty minutes from Albany International. I have a guestroom with bunkbeds (though not much food) and would be happy to order take out with anyone in need. Email me if I can be of any help.

I’m about 15 minutes from BWI, should anyone need anything. While it’s a SMALL 2 bedroom my husband and I share, it’s got a guest bed, TWO computers with cable modems , and a wine store right around the corner.

–My most accommodating strength is my willingness to humiliate myself

What happens to the cats and dogs who were on the diverted planes? I don’t ask this in a mean spirit or to cheapen the problems “human” travlers are facing but really, will rescues/airline employees take in the cats/dogs for the night or until the flights resume??

SLW

good idea, though my house is many moons away from the Ottawa airport we do have 2 rooms and a mighty big barn.

I know there are 15 US airplanes planned to land in Ottawa tonight and I heard from local news that over 100 families have called saying that they have a room if needed for stranded passengers.

It’s also good to see that all the blood clinics in teh area have line ups out the door waiting to donate.

Prayers with everyone on this dark day

Just give me a shout.

Rebecca www.sonestafarms.com
“Find something you love & call it work.”

I’m in the DC area…Local to BWI in Baltimore, Dulles and National in DC

I have an open door and good food…

Always,
FairWeather
Stall rest is over! Hand walking may begin…but don’t forget the stud chain over my nose :stuck_out_tongue:
http://www.fairweather.bizland.com/entrance.html

I live on the north side of Atlanta (airport is on the south side) but would be happy to offer a guest room, dinner and the contents of a wine cabinet to anyone who is stuck in this part of the world. 404-993-5090

Susan

I’m in close proximity to the flights sent to Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) I’d be glad to help anyone.

is my home. I’m happy to pick anyone up at the airport and they’re welcome to stay as long as they like. The cats are warm and the good wine is too.

I’m ten minutes from Austin Bergstrom Airport if anybody needs a place to stay or a place to check their E-mail.

If you know anyone stranded in Ireland, I am about an hour from Shannon and one and one half from Dublin - I have offered my house to some AMericans who are supposed to be flying out Sunday, but obviously won’t. (A coupel with three kids - I met them in the bookstore and got worried they might run out of money.) If you know people who are at Goresbridge Sales or anything, let them know they are welcome in my cottage.

A friend of mine who works for Aer Lingus is stranded in Boston, but not allowed to go anywhere - she is on duty.

If you know someone who needs a room in Jackson, Mississippi! I heard on the TV that between 4-5 planes were diverted here…not many but still.

Email me at lilmoem@hotmail.com or IM me (quicker way I suppose) at Embuzzy.

Emily proud
member of the junior clique!
Emily@catchride.com

If anyone is stranded in or around Milwaukee, I will be glad to help and always have extra room. 414-365-3445

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

They are expecting 20-25 diverted flights into Pearson airport, just outside of Toronto. Needless to say, if anyone knows of someone stranded on one of these flights into Toronto, please let them know that they are welcome to stay here.

If anyone is stuck at Detroit Metro, gimmee a holler. Always room for one more on the couch, and the cats love guests.

we are twenty minutes from the rdu airport and could find places for many people, animals, etc so let me know!

“There are times when you can trust a horse, time when you can’t, and times when you have to.”

This is a wonderful idea, Pam.

If anyone is stranded in the Houston area, e-mail me at the above link. I’m at home but can check the office e-mail from here.

By the way, Mariequi is a friend, and a very good person. I’m sorry it took this to get her to join and stop lurking, but I’m sure we’ll all welcome her and the others who have been prompted to join in today.

[This message was edited by Portia on Sep. 11, 2001 at 11:19 PM.]

And if anyone knows of someone stranded in Edmonton, please let me know and than I’ll let my husband know.