Unlimited access >

Neutering a cat that isn’t technically yours

??? You have an interesting vet service if they can rid you of James Bond.

5 Likes

@ThreeWishes I am enabling you from Australia to de-ball and keep One Eyed Pirate Pete.

If anyone asks where their neglected tom has gone, just tell them he was stolen by an Australian.

4 Likes

Haha, stupid fat fingers and autocorrect!

2 Likes

I am happy to hear this!

I have an appointment to go to my regular vet w/ one of my seniors for his annual tomorrow. Our usual vet at this practice has retired, so this will be my first visit with the new Dr. I plan on asking (but not expecting anything) what their policy is for ferals and if they can offer a discount for an existing customer (me) who wants to TnR. Can’t hurt to ask right?

4 Likes

I would have completely understood (and paid) without a discount but was pleasantly surprised to learn there was one.

2 Likes

I’m so stressed. Chessie has been on the porch EVERYDAY for the past month. His appointment is tomorrow at 8:30. I set up a crate and bought litter and a box with the idea I would scoop him up when I got home this afternoon and have him ready to go locked in a room away from my dogs (and without food or water after midnight). He’s MIA as of right now. Jingle that my one eyed ginger pirate shows up.

2 Likes

Hoping he turns up.

2 Likes

hoping that sneaky ginger boy makes an appearance! No need for kitty shenanigans tonight.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m in tears. My SO keeps saying he will show up. The anxious negative part of my brain says different.

His place is waiting. I hope the vet isn’t mad if I cancel and will let me make another appt if he returns. The old spay neuter release program addressed this problem. No appt. just be there before 8 am if you managed to trap the stray.

2 Likes

OMG! So not happy. Rawring and rawring but Yayyyyyyyu!

His howling is making my dogs nuts. I am so thrilled he showed up. Howl away Chessie. Tomorrow you get a mew lease on life.

29 Likes

yep a mew lease on life with less baggage! : :rofl:

3 Likes

Lol my typo is kind of perfect. He curled up and went to sleep. I’m so happy.

7 Likes

I’m so glad he showed up and went to sleep!!

Thank you.

2 Likes

My night is beyond perfect. I think he will cooperate when I put him in the carrier tomorrow at 7:30. Wish me luck. He’s such a sweet boy. So beat up. I kind of :heart: him

12 Likes

He’s very handsome. I think he has found a new home. :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

So glad you two are together and the plan is halfway done … be proud of your work … Great job ! Jingles & AO for tomorrow

2 Likes

Wishing you the best in the morning and for him to have a fast easy recovery!

1 Like

Yay Chessie!

My barn is currently trying to shoo a wanderer home. Young black cat came around a month or two ago and was all over us, and didn’t want to leave. Working student posted notices all over the place, but no bites. After BM saw her eating horse grain she started feeding her, and we were all excited to have the new place’s first barn cat. WEEKS later, turns out she belongs to folks up the road and they came and got her. She showed up again this week with a fresh collar, shaved leg spot, and ear notch… and again didn’t want to leave. BM gave her a ride home and was strongly reminded “not to feed her” (we hadn’t). Sorry folks, guess we’re just more fun? :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I know he is all caught now but I wanted to respond to this.
When I scheduled a neuter with my vet for a feral cat (not touchable), I explained it was contingent on trapping the cat and they were fine with the fact that the cat might pick that night to not go into the trap to eat so I might have to cancel in the morning.
I am sure your vet would feel the same way in this situation if you had not caught this handsome boy.

Jingles for a successful surgery!

2 Likes

Chess is home. Two balls lighter. And vaccinated. He’s a love bug. Completely content

I thought he might hold a grudge with the over night crating and the drive over in the small cat carrier. Then the male lobotomy. lol. But he hasn’t stopped purring. It’s like he’s grateful.

46 Likes