Unlimited access >

Never been to World Cup, help me understand

I’ve never been to a World Cup before. I bought tickets for the Freestyle event on Saturday and am now on a role and super excited. Could someone please help explain the other Dressage events to me? I’m considering purchasing one more event ticket and would like advice on what would be money better spent.

REEM ACRA FEI WORLD CUP™ DRESSAGE GRAND PRIX
LAS VEGAS DRESSAGE SHOWCASE

The BIG event is on Thursday with the Grand Prix, correct? Maybe I should do that event then hang out with family on Friday.

You can watch the warm up on Weds. Thursday is the GP. Friday is the GPS or freestyle for those who didn’t make the cut for the real finals. Saturday is the freestyle and big finale. That one is usually the only sell out.

I am really battling over what to buy myself. I feel like buying the all sessions combo pass but I think that might be overkill. I love watching world class horses but wow. I was just in Wellington and probably saw most of the show jumpers up close and personal for free so that makes spending almost $400 hard mentally. I admit though that part of my reasoning for wanting tickets to all the sessions is I am hoping to meet lots of new people and don’t want to be in a position to say I don’t have tickets for something they are attending. I don’t want to miss out on horsey time with my soon to be new friend!

Thank you for not making me feel too dumb here. I got so excited, I went and purchased my Saturday ticket without getting clearance for time off. Once I get my time off cleared, I think the plan is to drive out Thursday morning from LA, catch the GP (OMG!!!), hang out with family on Friday, then make it back out Saturday to watch Freestyle.

Laurie, like I said, I think you’ll be able to buy tickets at any time to any event except the jumping final and final freestyle for dressage. That way you can have some flexibility.

That’s just it, I don’t want to not go to the two best events. Should I see if I can buy those now?

I definitely would. They may not sell out, but as I recall, they were the only sell outs last time. You may be able to get scalper tickets. The rest I think there is always room.

Not only did I get an all sessions combo pass but so did my Mom! I told her I wasn’t sure even I wanted to go to all of them so there is no way she would want to but she insisted.

Anybody know if the all sessions passes are transferable? I can’t imagine my Mom going to all the sessions, heck I can’t imagine ME going to all the sessions. It includes all the warmups and stuff too, pretty cool!

My cohort is the one that ordered the all session tickets, and both booklets have her name on them. You should be good to go. If not, I have a real problem! LOL

Good to know, thanks!

They’re just tickets, so you’re good to pass them on. I might buy some jumping ones from you.