Unlimited access >

New Brenderup Owner With Questions

First of all, thank you to everyone who has made comments about Brenderup Trailers throughout the years here on COTH. It was great to go through all the past threads–I learned a lot!

I have recently purchased a 2004 Royal which I love.
But I do have some questions:

1. Is there any place to look for used Brenderup parts? I would love to buy a head divider and a one-piece butt bar but I haven’t heard back from parts dealer in the U.S. and I was hoping there was someplace where these things were listed used.

2. Is there an after-market source for one-use nut that is taken off when the brake pads need to be replaced? Or do I have to get them directly from Denmark (or the US parts distributor)? I know the sealed bearings can be purchased after market.

3. Do you redo the caulking for the roof yearly? I know I need to inspect the floor caulking yearly and add more, but the roof?

4. This isn’t relevant for me anymore but when I was looking at the trailers I would have loved to have known what year the Baron had SPC walls standard (or were they always SPC walls in the Baron as opposed to the laminate walls of the Prestige) and when did the Royal start having SPC walls standard. My 2004 has the SPC walls and it was a year or two before that that it became standard, I think. If someone could supply that info, it might be useful to other people looking in the future.

FWIW I was really hesitant to buy a Brenderup b/c they are no longer sold new in the U.S. I was saving for a new Boeckmann but when this trailer came available at a really good price I reconsidered my plan. I was also worried b/c no one has serviced Brenderups here but I found a great trailer shop near me and they were able to do everything that needed to be done without any problems. I gave them the manual and other info that I found online. Adjusting the brakes wasn’t a problem for them, they fixed a door handle for me, did the lights, etc. They had never even seen a Brenderup before and the owner of the shop proclaimed that it was “one nice little trailer”. He really liked the way that it was designed. They said they’d be comfortable fixing anything that needed to be done in the future. What a relief (and what a money-saver this purchase was over a new European trailer!)!

Also, I discussed the floor of the trailer with the shop owner and after careful inspection he didn’t think it needed to be replaced, even though it was just a little soft by the groom doors. It was examined from the top and the bottom. He also said that he wouldn’t have any problem replacing the floor in the future if it needed it, even though an extra support would have to be welded on. I thought other Brenderup owners would like to hear that–no need to source a “official” Brenderup replacement floor! I know others have said that before so I just wanted to emphasize that again. And yes, I carefully explained to him how the floor had to be done.

Thanks in advance for any help answering my questions!

Michelle

Michelle - Mountain Top Trailers in NH is carrying replacement parts. http://www.mountaintoptrailers.com/. Call Andy - he was great on the phone, but didn’t return multiple emails fom me.

I have a 2002 Baron TC, and have never done anything to the roof.

If you e-mail Mountaintop Rita will get back to you. They’re super responsive.

Thank you for the replies! I will try calling Andy since I have already tried emailing him. . .he did get back to me the first time but I haven’t heard anything since. . .