Unlimited access >

New bridle

Hello! This is kind of off topic… But anyway, I have a really nice hunter bridle for a horse I had a few years ago, and now I have a jumper and want to get a jumper bridle. I just bought an Oglivy, and really don’t want to spend lots of money on a new bridle. I decided to change up my hunter bridle… I bought a figure 8 noseband, and I’m not sure what to do about the rubber reins. Can you oil them to make them darker to match my bridle color? Some people told me I can, and others told me I can’t. Please answer ASAP! Thanks! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t think oiling rubber would do anything but make it slick. If they were leather you could, but they’re a synthetic material and won’t take oil like a natural material does.

Yes, you can oil the LEATHER parts of your rubber reins. BUT… Oiling the rubber on your rubber reins will ruin them, and anything they come into contact with after they start to degrade. But don’t worry - the rubber doesn’t need to match the color of the leather. Have fun in the jumpers.